PDA

View Full Version : A Tribute to Bubbles (Came home November '11-24/12/13)

moocow123
12-24-2014, 06:06 AM
I'm unsure if this is allowed but I would like to make a tribute to my first ever hamster Bubbles, who sadly had to be PTS exactly 1 year ago today. Bubbles was a cream banded female Syrian and as she was our first hamster, we didn't know much about their care and what we did know came from my mum, who was used to hamster care from the 80s. She lived in a 3 storey barred cage with quite a small wheel that she rarely used. She used to bar chew but only if she could see us and she wanted to come out for attention. She was a great first hamster and I loved her a lot. Sadly one day I got her out and noticed she had blood around her girly bits and I showed my mum. We booked her straight into the vets and she got seen the same day. The vet said that it could be pyometra or a urinary infection and the vet said that we could either give her medication or do the surgery but as she was nearly 2 years old we decided against it and gave her medication for about 2 weeks and that seemed to clear it up. Then on Christmas eve last year my mum noticed that she had a massive growth on her cheek and she couldn't get up properly so we decided it was time to give her help to pass over to the bridge.
I miss her a lot but she had a good life with us and we loved her greatly.
Bubbles- Came home November 2011-24/12/13 (BTW I know the wheel is to small but as I said earlier we didn't know much about hamsters then)

cypher
12-24-2014, 06:21 AM
Bubbles was a lovely girl in spite of everything she still lived to a good age & it sounds as though she enjoyed her life with you, demanding your attention & wanting to be with you.
I think our first hams always have a special place in our hearts & she clearly lives on in your heart, I'm sorry you have to be reminded of losing her at this time of year but I hope all the happy memories prevail.

Thin Lizzy
12-24-2014, 06:22 AM
The 1 year anniversary is always difficult with any hamster and especially so when it's your 1st hamster.
What a nice way to remember Bubbles.

Pygmypuff
12-24-2014, 09:35 AM
Bubbles was very beautiful and a lovely girl. She lived to a good age so I hope you can treasure her life and her memories.

souffle
12-31-2014, 02:48 AM
I am so sorry for your loss.
Play well at the bridge Bubbles x