PDA

View Full Version : Ham Boxing? O.o

SnuggleHam
12-22-2008, 07:10 AM
Jean-Luc and Jeeves have this strange behavior. Its reminds me of the boxing that my pair of robos use to do, its just these two guys are larger, and I can see more clearly what they are up to. They aren't fighting, I can tell that much, but it looks like a friendly fight/grooming session.

The pair sleep together and seem to share space well enough. But once and I while I notice that with all the room they have, both HAVE to climb on top of each other! then they start this sort of boxing routine, where it looks as they though wanna groom one another, but each one is like "don't touch me!" I took some pictures.

They had a ton of other hamsters in the same tank their age, their had to have been like 15 baby Campbells hams. Would seem funny if I picked the pair that ends up not getting along. Well so far it seems friendly. Is this normal behavior for Campbells?

[attachment=0:4bc5dwhj]hamsquabble03.jpg[/attachment:4bc5dwhj]

[attachment=1:4bc5dwhj]hamsquabble02.jpg[/attachment:4bc5dwhj]

[attachment=2:4bc5dwhj]hamsquabble01.jpg[/attachment:4bc5dwhj]

TheArctopus
12-22-2008, 07:56 AM
sorry this doesnt help you and isnt really relevant but that last pic needs the caption "double KO" :D

Hana
12-22-2008, 08:18 AM
Hehe I'm no help with whether this is normal or not either but it looks like in the last picture they're both falling over in hysterics! :lol:
I hope someone else can give some useful information! :oops:

SnuggleHam
12-22-2008, 08:28 AM
Maybe Ill upload it to Icanhascheezeburger XD

SnuggleHam
12-22-2008, 08:41 AM
http://mine.icanhascheezburger.com/view.aspx?ciid=2939857

Rate my Lol! :lol:

zara825
12-22-2008, 08:45 AM
That last picture is really funny!

souffle
12-22-2008, 12:06 PM
I am pretty sure this is normal social behavior at the moment snuggleham. The are likely trying to establish a pecking order and grooming to keep the shared scent and dominate the other one. Watch out for high pitched screaming, chasing, food hogging etc in case one is being bullied. That is a fab piccie at the end :D

haziebabie
12-22-2008, 02:54 PM
h eh!!! :lol:

SnuggleHam
12-22-2008, 04:13 PM
I am pretty sure this is normal social behavior at the moment snuggleham. The are likely trying to establish a pecking order and grooming to keep the shared scent and dominate the other one. Watch out for high pitched screaming, chasing, food hogging etc in case one is being bullied. That is a fab piccie at the end :D

I thought you might say that :) But wanted to check, as Ive never had a pair of campbells till now. I will keep an eye on them and make sure they are behaving, thanks!

suga
12-23-2008, 09:45 AM
Great flicks :D