PDA

View Full Version : To My Theodore Edward Bear

DrKMcK
12-16-2014, 06:37 AM
To my Ted E. Bear
It’s been a rough day little man. I watched over you through your last hours and, in the beginning of a new day, I have laid you to rest. For now, let a Winter blanket cover you until the Spring when new life arises from your beautiful spirit in the form of color and beauty in the continuing cycle of life and death.

I brought you home from my favorite rescue organization. I named you Theodore Edward Bear, a name I found in one of the series written by one of my favorite authors, Anne McCaffrey. The Ted E, Bear in the book was deeply loved and so were you.

In the quiet hours of this morning I went through the photos I have taken of you from your first day to your last. You were the hammy it took so long to tame. So shy, but you came out of your shell once you discovered the wonders of a run-about ball. Suddenly, you were waiting at the door of your cage any time you heard me walk in the room, all ready to jump in your ball and roam the house.

I shared so much of your life with the other hammy folk on Hamster Central. I could show you off and tell the stories of our life together there and know they would understand. You benefitted from lots of folks ideas for toys and DIY projects that made a hammy’s life more interesting and fun.

You made me laugh so many times when I would go to bed and feel eyes boring a hole in my blankets. I would look over at your cage and would see you all the way at the top of your tank topper shelf, staring at me, just willing me to get up and take you out for a play period. As soon as I spoke you were off and running…over to the tube that led down to your cage door, all set to play. Funny furry, from that scared little baby to a confident hammy who just knew he was lord of his world. I have so many photos and videos of you and they will comfort me.

There is a small place in my heart where you reside now and for always. You take your place with the other gentle souls who have enriched my life. I cannot imagine my life without small furry folk to share my days. So, when the hurt is not so strong, and the sadness eases, I will go to the same place where I rescued you…and I will come home with another little friend who will make a place in my heart…

Love you so much Ted E.
My Ted E. Bear
Theodore Edward Bear

Shannonmcn
12-16-2014, 06:53 AM
That's a beautiful memorial for a beautiful little ham DrK. You were both so lucky to have found eachother.

Skyblue2001
12-16-2014, 07:01 AM
So Sorry for your loss,it hurts me every time i read a memorial.Play well at the bridge little one

Pygmypuff
12-16-2014, 07:17 AM
This is just a perfect memorial, you are so brave x

Goldie Flower
12-16-2014, 07:32 AM
This is such a beautiful memorial to an amazing hamster, it bought tears to my eyes. Play well at the bridge Ted E xx

cypher
12-16-2014, 08:07 AM
This is such a moving & beautiful memorial to your very special Ted E Bear, the perfect tribute for such a wonderful friend.

HollyHamster
12-16-2014, 08:15 AM
Hugs to you and the late Ted. E. Bear. May he play well at the Rainbow Bridge with your other beloved pets that have passed on, until the day you are to arrive and cross over together to the green pastures beyond.

Thin Lizzy
12-16-2014, 08:26 AM
Such beautiful words DrKMcK for such a beautiful hamster. Ted E was so lucky to get you as his owner, you rescued him and you each gave each other joy and happiness and unconditional love and friendship.
I cried reading your letter to Ted E, such beautiful words and beautiful photos.
Thinking of you xx
RIP Ted E xx

BrainGirl
12-16-2014, 08:35 AM
That was beautiful DrKMcK, I am so sorry for your loss, you two shared a wonderful bond x

Bbhami
12-16-2014, 09:31 AM
I'm so sorry for your loss. I got teary eyed reading your memorial, it was so beautiful. Ted E Bear was such a lucky hammie. :C

CPalmer
12-17-2014, 02:25 AM
aww i'm not crying, it's a heart leak.

Beautiful x

souffle
12-17-2014, 04:41 AM
What a beautiful tribute. Ted E made your heart grow a little bigger so both he and a new little one, when the time is right, will find a place there x Hugs to you too DrK x

Wexland
12-17-2014, 05:25 AM
I am so sorry for your loss. Such a little cutie, they always leave a hole in our heart.

SquishyHelium
12-17-2014, 07:39 AM
I'm so sorry to read you've lost Ted E. What a little smasher he was :) RIP little guy, thoughts are with you x

pixiehollow
12-17-2014, 02:29 PM
That is so beautiful. Sat in tears reading it. Sweet dreams Ted E Bear, you hold a place in all our hearts.

I am so sorry :( xx

basilthehammy
12-17-2014, 03:36 PM
I'm so sorry to hear about this, it's going to be different not seeing Ted E bears face around here

Hugs to you DrkMck

Teddy001
12-17-2014, 05:17 PM
I've been MIA--just read this..DrK, I'm so sorry to hear about Ted E Bear.
He was your heart ham, and I was very moved by your beautiful tribute. I'll miss Ted here on HC. Play well over the bridge, handsome fluff, and know many have fond memories. ( Hugs) xx

racinghamster
12-21-2014, 08:56 AM
DrK, I know how much Teddy meant to you and I send heartfelt condollences. I recently lost my elderly roborovski and it`s heart breaking when they leave us. x

lady jocardi
02-15-2015, 04:56 PM
Made me cry. So sorry for yr loss.....he was such a well loved hammy xx

RubyDG
02-15-2015, 05:16 PM
I'm so sorry to hear about Ted E. :( He was not only cared for but deeply loved and that is the best gift we can give in this life.

Josie
02-16-2015, 03:07 PM
Play well at the bridge Ted E you are in the hearts and memories of so many xx

"It is amazing how these little animals touch our lives so deeply. And how loved these little creatures are"

DrKMcK
02-16-2015, 09:46 PM
How lovely to see all the expressions of sympathy for my Ted E. Bear, even now. I still miss him and haven't felt up to getting a new furry just yet. Maybe when it gets warmer. Thank you to everyone who remembered my little heart ham. :-)

fluffydd
02-17-2015, 06:12 PM
I'm so, so sorry to that Ted E has left you. I loved hearing about him and seeing his photos and videos. We will all miss him. Hugs xxx

Cheetobandito
02-20-2015, 07:08 PM
beautiful memorial for a beautiful hammy ,
play well at the bridge ted.

katmick
02-21-2015, 04:23 AM
So sorry to hear about your Ted E Bear passing over to rainbow bridge...Your beautiful and heartfelt memorial brought tears to my eyes.. Ted E was much loved by you and I am sure he loved you back the same..Play well in the big wheel in the sky sweet little Ted E ...RIP :cry:

Baby Grrr
02-21-2015, 08:20 AM
Thats so sad because when I got my acount on here you still had him. I'm so sorry for your loss

corrieberry
02-22-2015, 11:24 PM
Oh, I am so sorry! He will have a hundred friends that he never got the opportunity to meet down here waiting to greet him.

Munchalot
02-23-2015, 04:07 PM
I've been inactive for a few months, and have only just seen this. I'm sorry this is so late.

DrK, I am so deeply sorry that you lost your little man. We all know how much he meant to you. Nothing and nobody will ever replace that little heart ham, and I'm heartbroken for you to hear that you lost him. He had a fantastic life, and was so fiercely loved. Hugs to you xxxx

Sleep well Ted E. Bear, you gorgeous little fluff. xxxx