PDA

View Full Version : My Beautiful Baby Boy, Bruno; a letter to my hamster

VeeTrue
12-12-2014, 07:46 PM
Dear Bruno,

I want you to know just how much I miss you right now. When I found you this afternoon, I wanted to believe with all my heart that you were only in a deep sleep, but I knew better. I knew that your cage's house was only reserved for special times, and I guess today was the last special time for you.

When I picked you up, my hands trembling with fear, I could feel how you weren't right. Your little nose wasn't wiggling with excitement like it always had before. Your eyes, your beautiful black eyes, were wide open, admiring your cage for the last time. You had fallen into your deep slumber with your pink carrot. I remember last Christmas when I bought it for you and how you had no clue what to do with it. Over time you started to love it, though, and I'd catch you nibbling on it every so often. I carried your little body downstairs, yelling for help even though I knew no one could help you anymore.

Now you're in your box with your precious pink carrot to keep you company in your travels. Your burial is tomorrow, and I don't know if I'm ready for it. In fact, my eyes are getting misty right now just thinking about it. You're going to rest with a beautiful pine tree that I planted, and you're finally going to be one with the grass you always loved to play in so much. I still have the pictures that I took of our fun day out in the backyard that day last summer. I've been looking at them since I found you constantly.

Bruno, you've been with me for so much. You've been my companion throughout the good and the bad. I don't quite know how I'm going to live without knowing that your fuzzy little body won't be by my side every step of the way, but I'm sure I'll manage. It's what you'd want, I'm sure.

From the moment I lay my eye on you, I knew you were the one for me. I didn't even mind that part of your ear had been ripped in a tussle with one of your brothers a few days before you came home with me. It just made you even more special. I had read up on and researched hamsters for days before you came home, wanting to be the best father I could be to a beautiful little soul. And I can proudly say I always tried my best with you. You stressed me out many times, but I always loved you. And I always will.

You were one of my only friends for a long time, and I owe you so much. Goodbye, Bruno. I know you're running through the green grass on the Rainbow Bridge now. Rest easy, buddy.

Nov. 9, 2012 - Dec. 12, 2014

https://scontent-a-iad.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpa1/v/t1.0-9/10849808_846495352069166_4051873718430129246_n.jpg ?oh=55b26741c796d5225d45375b5c1adbce&oe=550B8426
https://scontent-a-iad.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xaf1/v/t1.0-9/10386833_846495395402495_8288045511775497898_n.jpg ?oh=e6099c22c0b2fd00759fe62e5b732715&oe=554323B2

Thin Lizzy
12-12-2014, 08:03 PM
Dear VeeTrue,
So sorry to hear about Bruno, it's always heartbreaking when our little furrry friend and companion goes to
the bridge, but he was loved so much -the unconditional love and care you gave him, that bond you shared, the memories that will be with you forever!
You will have good days and bad days but remember all the happy times you shared, you'll find yourself
Laughing and crying but in time the bad days will go away.
Thinking of you and sending you hugs xx
Bruno - gone but will never be forgotten RIP xx

cypher
12-13-2014, 12:50 AM
I'm so sorry you've lost your little Bruno, he was a beautiful little guy you gave him a wonderful life full of all the love he could wish for.
Play well at the bridge Bruno.

Willow Wisp
12-13-2014, 01:49 AM
I am so very sorry for your loss, I'm sure Bruno knew how much he was loved.
Play well at the bridge little man x

Pygmypuff
12-13-2014, 02:47 AM
I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. Bruno was beautiful and sounds like he was adored. You gave him a wonderful life and he'll no longer be in any pain.

Goodnight, little boy, sleep well xx

Oatmeal_Cupcake
12-13-2014, 08:57 PM
I'm very sorry for your loss. Your letter was very heartfelt and touching. I'm sorry for the pain you're in but you're right. Bruno would want you to continue to be happy and although the thought of happiness seems impossible right now, just know that time will heal you.

Sleep well little Bruno.

Bec
12-14-2014, 12:48 AM
I'm so sorry for your loss, a touching memorial and Bruno meant the world to you and clearly very much loved.

Run free at the bridge little fluff. x

souffle
12-31-2014, 02:43 AM
I am so sorry for your loss.
Play well at the bridge Bruno x

DrKMcK
12-31-2014, 08:11 AM
What a beautiful photo of Bruno sitting in the window like that. It's awful when they pass away. I am so sorry you've lost him. :-( Play well at the Bridge Bruno. :-(