PDA

View Full Version : Cleaning a SuperPet Silent Spinner

EmilyS_79
11-18-2014, 10:54 AM
I have used the search bar and I cannot find anything on how to clean a silent spinner. The last time I cleaned one was 5 years ago. I usually just throw them away and buy another one but I find that a waste of $20. I know that they have the ball bearings and when you get them wet they squeak and it's really annoying and frustrating to me. Any tips? I just got a new hamster and he's already destroyed his wheel. It covered in urine and poos. I just got it and I don't wan to have to throw it away. I'm in the process of potty training i still want to know how to clean them. Thanks :)

NiceCrocs
11-18-2014, 11:11 AM
I just unscrew the yellow cap, the take the wheel off, and wash it in dish soap and warm/hot water. If the bearings squeak, a little dab of Vaseline or vegetable oil will fix it.

I can't imagine throwing a silent spinner away because it's dirty, lol, sounds like throwing the good dishes away.

Hekomi
11-18-2014, 11:17 AM
I just take the whole thing off the white stand and throw it into the washer... :P I must be awful!

souffle
11-18-2014, 01:34 PM
I do the same - unscrew the yellow bit and take wheel off and wash the put it back on and screw the cap on. No need to wash the yellow bit :)

EmilyS_79
11-18-2014, 02:04 PM
Ok thanks :)