PDA

View Full Version : Peak-A-Boo!

Teddy001
11-05-2014, 01:02 AM
My DIY Gazebo for Teddie. LOL. Teddie does seem to enjoy sitting in it, and looking out the open slots. My latest jig saw wood project. I'm working on one for Candy, but it's smaller.

PS- Excuse the sideways photo. It's really upright.. aha!. This happens sometimes.. not sure why..

cypher
11-05-2014, 01:15 AM
That's amazing, wish I could do something like that! Teddie looks really sweet in there :D

Teddy001
11-05-2014, 01:26 AM
thank you, Cyper. You can do it, too!. :).. I had never used any sort of electric saw before. I found this jig saw, for around $30. I watched Utube vids.. (LOL) that's how I learned how to use it. I love that with a jig saw, can cut out just about any type of shapes. I practiced on scrap wood, first few times. The one thing that still startles me, is the sound, of the saw when it's cutting through wood, but after working on a project, the sound doesn't really scare me. .

cypher
11-05-2014, 01:40 AM
I could probably work on the skills Teddy but I just don't have the space sadly, my place is so small & cramped there really isn't anywhere to do much in the way of diy & nowhere outside that isn't wet most of the time! Sounds like fun though :D

Willow Wisp
11-05-2014, 01:52 AM
Oh wow, thats fantastic, I want one :)
You really cut out all of those tiny little fiddly curvy shapes, that's just way toooooo clever, I'm in awe :) :) :)

Teddy001
11-05-2014, 05:55 AM
Willow, I used multiple patterned templates, out lined the designs from templates , into the pieces of wood, then just followed the patterns with the jig saw. :)

Teddy001
11-05-2014, 06:03 AM
I could probably work on the skills Teddy but I just don't have the space sadly, my place is so small & cramped there really isn't anywhere to do much in the way of diy & nowhere outside that isn't wet most of the time! Sounds like fun though :D

Ahhh, I understand. I have a small space in the garage. You would need a space, that you don't mind " saw dust, falling on the ground, and the saw noise is a bit loud. Space wise, I cut using what's called a " horse" stand- ideally space wise depending on the size of the wood, you really don't need much space to cut hamster size wood projects:)

Gazmo
11-05-2014, 06:07 AM
Oh my god thats amazing :D x

2LittlePuds
11-05-2014, 06:15 AM
Thats brilliant. I use our jigsaw a lot but id never be able to cut in such detail without screwing it up!

Teddy001
11-05-2014, 11:27 PM
Oh my god thats amazing :D x

Thank you:D

Teddy001
11-05-2014, 11:30 PM
Thats brilliant. I use our jigsaw a lot but id never be able to cut in such detail without screwing it up!

LOL.. I totally understand. it took me ages to cut the small detail pieces.. and yes, I messed up, a few times x 10.. LOL.. It looks nice from a distance, but "close up" you can see the oops, ooops, oh, no, ooops.. Thank goodness, my hams don't care what the things I make for them look like.. LOL

2LittlePuds
11-06-2014, 02:53 AM
Lol how hard can it be to follow a line right? The jigsaw has a mind of its own..... :roll: