PDA

View Full Version : The Hamster Society Sheffield Show Saturday 22nd October

babyboos
10-09-2005, 04:03 PM
The Hamster Society

(Affiliated to the British Hamster Association)

Presents an open show on Saturday 22nd October 2005

At the Scout Hall, Sir Harold Jackson School, Bradway Drive, Bradway, Sheffield, S17 4PD.

Show Secretary: Dr Alison Tabor, 14 Dawn Close, Ness, Wirral, CH64 4DS

Syrian Judge: Sheryl Sharkey

Book Steward: Vanessa Purkiss

Dwarf Judge: Anne Dray

Book Steward: Volunteers required

Pen Steward: Volunteers required

Doors open at 10:30am

Judging at 11:30 am

Pet Class judging 1pm

Light refreshments will be available

Syrian Classes:

(Classes 1-4 to include Rex, Classes 5 - 8 to include Rex and Satin)

Shorthaired:

1. Self

2. Agouti

3. Patterned

4. Satin

Longhaired:

5. Self Male

6. Self Female

7. Non-self Male

8. Non-self Female

9. Junior (Entrant to be under 16)

10. Small Hamstery (Entrant not to have more than 12 Syrian Hamsters)

11. Novice (Entrant not to have won more than 3 firsts at separate shows under BHA rules in classes of 4 or more)

12. Breeders

13. Grand Challenge

14. Non Standard

15. Pet Hamster Class

Dwarf Classes:

D1. Chinese

D2. Campbell's *

D3. Winter White **

D4. Non-standard

D5. Junior ***

D6. Novice ****

D7. Breeders

D8. Small Hamstery

D9. Grand Challenge

* (Normal, Albino & Red-Eyed Argente)

** (inc. Pearl & Sapphire)

*** Entrant to be under 16

**** Entrant not to have won more than 3 firsts at separate shows under BHA rules in classes of 4 or more

SP1 Special Pets Class (Any small mammal guinea pig size or less.)

Entry Fees:

Classes 1-8, D1-D4: 40p

Classes 9-14, D5-D9: 20p

Classes 15 and SP1 50p

No prize money - there are cards to fourth place and rosettes for 1st place in each class. Framed certificate for Best In Show. All Syrian & Dwarf classes MUST be shown in “Hagen” type carrying boxes, a quantity of which are available for hire, but must be arranged in advance of the show. All animals to be shown on wood pelleted cat litter. A small piece of fresh fruit or vegetable and dog biscuit should be available throughout the day.

Directions to the show:-

From the North

From M1 Jct 33 take A630 towards Sheffield. After approx 2 miles take exit marked Ring Road/Chesterfield. Cross over the first roundabout at the end of the slip road and continue up to main roundabout. Turn left onto the ring road (A6102) and follow it for approx 3 miles till you reach a large roundabout where the A61 crosses. DO NOT TURN ONTO A61, but go straight

across following signs for B6054 Holmesfield. Continue on this road for 2 miles, past the shops at Bradway to a T Junction. Turn right onto Prospect Road, then 2nd right onto Bradway Drive. Go in through the Sir Harold Jackson school gates and follow the driveway round behind the school, passing through one car park. The Scout Hall is at the far left end of the second car park.

From the South

From M1 Jct 29 take A617 to Chesterfield. At main roundabout turn right onto A61 towards Sheffield. After approx 7 miles turn left at the roundabout signposted B6054 Holmesfield. Then follow instructions above.

Future show dates:

Birmingham 10 Dec

Please note, Hamster and other small livestock sales and hamster related items are allowed at this show. 10% of all sales proceeds to go to HAMSOC. All hamsters sold must be provided with a strong container to go home in, details of breed, birth date and background and the sellers name.

Raffle prizes always welcome!

PJ
10-09-2005, 05:05 PM
I can't go :( I have shows either side of that and it's over a 3 hour drive :( I was soooo hoping .. have to talk Lee around some more but it doesn't look hopeful. I might however see if Wendy Palmer is going and if I can grab a lift or something.

pophammy
10-10-2005, 07:38 AM
Babyboos is it OK to show the hams in our standard show cages (the black ones with wire fronts) as we don't want to get another set of show cages. We hope to make it. Where is the show entry form, secretary etc?

babyboos
10-10-2005, 01:41 PM
Dr Alison Tabor is Show Secretary but her email keeps bouncing for me. Her address is shown on the schedule above. Hagen pens can be hired and to keep everyone the same I really would recommend using them, I doubt you will be allowed to enter in anything else. I do prefer the larger show pens personally, but they use the lids of the Hagens for showing boards. Remember all hamsters must be shown on wooden pelleted cat litter too, regardless of species or coat type. I will pass your comments to Anne Dray however and see what she says. pj told me that Hagens can be purchased quite inexpensively from The Northern Hamster Club. There was a proposal that all sale stock must go in a Hagen instead of ice cream tubs etc from now on so it may be worth while investing in a few.

babyboos
10-11-2005, 03:38 PM
Ok confirmed must be in Hagens however if you contact Anne Dray

207 Twentywell Lane, Bradway, Sheffield 0114 2365445 or 07889 476450

she will loan you some for the day for a nominal fee... Our Show Secretary Dr Alison Trabor's phone number is 0151 336 3765

I have copies of the entry form so if anyone wants one please feel free to email me:[email protected], or call Alison or Anne.