PDA

View Full Version : Robo Eye Question

flogging_molly
10-09-2005, 03:34 AM
I have started to notice that one of my Roborovski has really weird eyes. Because I'm not good with dwarfs (as these are my first) I wondered if anyone could help me.

The eye looks quite swollen near the point and is more elongated than the other two.

I'm not sure about taking her to the vet as I doubt the vet would be able to see the problem as she is so fast.

Please help, thanks

babyboos
10-09-2005, 12:11 PM
I have started to notice that one of my Roborovski has really weird eyes. Because I'm not good with dwarfs (as these are my first) I wondered if anyone could help me.

The eye looks quite swollen near the point and is more elongated than the other two.

Elongated would be the least of my worries if one if my Roborovski had three eyes :oops:

Sorry I couldn't resist...

So is one of her eyes more elongated than her other? Or are both her eyes more elongated then her sisters' eyes?

flogging_molly
10-09-2005, 01:26 PM
:oops: i didn't realise it sounded so dodgey. :lol:

Her eyes look about as elongated as each other but they weren't like that originally. She seems in perfect health otherwise.

babyboos
10-09-2005, 04:27 PM
Strange it is both eyes, less likely to have been an irritation from a piece of bedding... Is she nice and plump still? Do her eyes look dry or moist?

flogging_molly
10-10-2005, 08:54 AM
its both eyes, they don't seem too moist or dry and she seems plump enough and is still eating

Emma
10-10-2005, 10:50 AM
I don't quite get what you mean by elongated - do her eyes look different to the other two robos?

babyboos
10-10-2005, 02:16 PM
I get the impression they are long and semi closed rather than round, which made we wonder about things like dehydration which causes eyes to dry out and become more slitty, but if she is eating and drinking okay then not sure what you shold do. Vets will often give eye drops to ease any irritation, don't worry it is only a tiny drop so even if she wiggles you should be able to administer it.