PDA

View Full Version : bin cage

hammysforever
10-04-2014, 01:32 PM
Is a bin cage a good cage for you, lets find out. Do you like to do DIY stuff for your hamster? Then this cage may be just right for you! Those really expensive fish tanks are really expensive compared to making the bin cage. The bin cage making process is under 45$ !! A lot of the supplies are things you can find around the house such as a drill, storage bin?, wire mesh (chicken wire)?, wire cutters, nuts and bolts, washers, zip ties can be used instead, jigsaw?,or a stove fire ( to help the knife get through the plastic, and lastly a knife. I really suggest you make this. Have FUN making your bin cage.;):o:):D

dave123791
10-04-2014, 02:06 PM
No offence but i dont see the point of this thread. I'm pretty sure everyone knows what's needed to make a bin cage.

wagawiggle
11-02-2014, 04:39 PM
No offence but i dont see the point of this thread. I'm pretty sure everyone knows what's needed to make a bin cage.

They just want to help so one that maybe doesn't know. NO need to get rude, they are trying and a newbie (like me)

hammysforever
11-04-2014, 02:30 PM
;):-"Thank you wagawiggle

Skeever
11-04-2014, 03:09 PM
Let's throw Dave to the rabid hedgehogs!!!!! :D

SiriusBlack
11-04-2014, 03:21 PM
Unfortunately a bin cage is definitely NOT for me. I'm not into DIY and the whole thing would end up in a big mess. Some of the ones I've seen on here look great and I do enjoy looking at the pictures of them.

hammysforever
11-10-2014, 09:27 PM
Let's throw Dave to the rabid hedgehogs!!!!! :D

Ha ha :D thanks skeever

flowerfairy
11-17-2014, 02:03 PM
I am hoping to build a cage out of wood and mesh for my Pearl who loves to bar chew (I reakon that she is bored). My fluffy white boy, Woodstock will then move into her cage (his is a little tank with bars on top and platforms but waay too small imo).

Harvest (in avatar) is in a 5 x 2 double story rabbit hutch and no longer bar chews!

Meant to say that bin cages sound great, just dont have the patience for cutting plastic and fixing mesh. Much easier with wood (for me).

Notice that my pic didnt work ...