PDA

View Full Version : Busby Boo

ref84
11-04-2008, 02:01 AM
I found little Busby 'asleep' in his house this morning and am hoping he passed in his sleep and felt no pain. He looked so peaceful.

I knew something wasn't right when this morning he hadn't touched his food or any of his treats and made the dreaded discovery. :cry:

Sleep well little man. Your time with us was too short and you will be sorely missed, especially by 'daddy' who was never afraid to admit that you, as his first hamster, was his favourite.

xxxx

sarah
11-04-2008, 05:09 AM
I'm sorry to hear your sad news. I hope all the lovely memories of Busby will help you to still smile for him.

ref84
11-04-2008, 05:51 AM
Thank you Sarah.

It's never easy to lose a pet and am finding today difficult but knowing there are people on here who genuinely care so much is really helping. Am also clinging onto the fact that he appears to have died in his sleep and hopefully didn't suffer.

My shelves will look so strange with an empty space where he should be so am dreading going home.

souffle
11-05-2008, 05:18 AM
I am so sorry to hear of your loss. He does sound as if his path was gentle and I hope you can take comfort in your memories.
Play well at the bridge little Busby :(

Hana
11-05-2008, 09:50 AM
I'm sorry to hear about your little Busby, you gave him a great life and I'm sure he passed peacefully knowing what a lovely owner he had.
R.I.P. Busby x

ref84
11-05-2008, 10:07 AM
Again, thank you all for your kind thoughts.

I am pleased he hopefully had a quiet path but am now starting to worry what caused his death as he'd seemed fine over the weekend and had quite happily played in his ball on Sunday when I cleaned him out, was still after as many treats as he could fit in his pouches and he was only around the 11 month mark.

I had earlier in the year posted about his health but a visit to the vets (which he hated!! :) ) showed nothing and his little baldy patch had started to regrow. Clearing his cage showed no loose stools or any clues as to the cause of death. Am hoping it's not anything genetic as I have another little boy from the same litter and really don't want to lose him as well. :cry:

happysaz133
11-06-2008, 07:57 AM
I am so sorry for your loss :( rest peacefully Busby Boo.