PDA

View Full Version : Teddie's Treehouse

Teddy001
09-28-2014, 08:45 AM
Okay, I found an attachment to add onto Teddie's Critter Nations cage, on Craigslist! It was a bargain, I couldn't pass up!

So, now I'm working on building a treehouse to go in the new addition. Does anyone have suggestions on what safe " bendable" twine that can be used, as I am wanting to wrap twine or bendable branches around the house to give it an appearance of being in a tree..I'm using dried apple and pear branches to design the house, which will stand up high on a cylinder that will look like a tree trunk. Sadly, the dried apple and pear branches break when I try to wrap them around..:/ I'll post photos, of the finished treehouse..

Thanks for your suggestions.:)

spyro87
09-28-2014, 09:04 AM
All I can suggest is some kind of paper coated craft wire... Like that found on those mini craft roses/leaves...?

Can't wait to see the tree house!

Esmy
09-28-2014, 09:15 AM
Would sisal rope work? I'm looking forward to pictures as well! :)

kyrilliondaemon
09-28-2014, 09:17 AM
You can tie them together with sisal string if that helps? Or otherwise some of us have used steel wire in pet toys (primarily bridges) but you need to be really, really careful that the hams can't get at any sharp ends somehow

Teddy001
09-28-2014, 05:07 PM
Thanks, All:)..

I was able to use cherry tree branches, but not as many as I wanted.. I'm working on attaching the ladder, and a few add'l details to the house, and should be reAdy to set it up in Teddie's cage. This project tired me out.. Lol. As I did a partial cage clean, and spot cleaned my two other cages, in between glue dry time for the tree house, and I also made 3 additional lofts, cut plexi glass for. 2 of them, painted and attached the plexi glass which was a PITA!! Lol. I'm going to have to block 1 side of the treehouse, where there's a gap on the platform, so Teddie doesn't try to squeeze thru and decide to take a leap off. UGH!! Those things that appear when you think your all done.. Lol. The treehouse was very time consuming.. .. I've also connected the cage to the 55 gallon tank, and decided to make some changes to it.. So, lots of work today, on Teddies set ups..

Teddy001
09-28-2014, 09:23 PM
Here's pic's of the Treehouse.. It was made with re-cycled wood, that I had on hand, and cherry, pear and apple tree branches. Oh, and I wanted it to look, 'old and weathered'. :)

Excuse the sideways photo's. . I have no clue why they posted sideways, when they save upright. LOL.

cypher
09-28-2014, 11:09 PM
Even sideways on it looks amazing! Great idea & beautifully made, lucky ham :)

2LittlePuds
09-28-2014, 11:48 PM
That really is beautiful.

fluffybumolivia
09-29-2014, 12:02 AM
That is so sweet! I wish I was as clever as you!

spyro87
09-29-2014, 12:20 AM
What a lovely project!
Teddies is a lucky hammy :)

Willow Wisp
09-29-2014, 12:46 AM
Wow that's amazing, I really love it :)

velma
09-29-2014, 01:34 AM
That looks really great. Teddy is 1 lucky ham! I keep thinking I'm going to make things & haven't got round to it yet!

MamaHam
09-29-2014, 02:48 AM
oh i love it!! looks really amazing :)

well done :)

Teddy001
09-29-2014, 05:31 AM
Thanks, everyone :). Teddie hasn't tried it out yet.. Hope she enjoys it:).

Esmy
09-29-2014, 05:54 AM
Looks awesome Teddy! You are so talented!

Teddy001
09-29-2014, 06:18 AM
Looks awesome Teddy! You are so talented!

Thanks, Esmy.. I keep saying.. This is my last ham project.. Lol. I think it will be my last time consuming ham project until next year.. Lol. I must focus on home projects, not as much FUN.. Lol.

cypher
09-29-2014, 06:24 AM
I think it will be my last time consuming ham project until next year.
Somehow I can't quite see that happening lol!

Teddy001
09-29-2014, 06:27 AM
Somehow I can't quite see that happening lol!

LOL!! I know... I'm addicted.. Must seek treatment.. Lol.. I just Enjoy doing them very much.. My husband says, I'm in my " own little world" when I'm working on ham projects.. Lol. ( and he's right)

ianpallen
09-29-2014, 07:12 AM
Thanks, Esmy.. I keep saying.. This is my last ham project.. Lol. I think it will be my last time consuming ham project until next year.. Lol. I must focus on home projects, not as much FUN.. Lol.

Last project. Yeah right. lol. Just like I have nothing in my mind to make for the hams. If you and me stopped making stuff for hams, there would be another illness to put in the books of psychiatry. I think we would go mad if we didnt make things. lol.

Great house, by the way. I love it. =D> =D> =D>

Teddy001
09-29-2014, 10:24 PM
Last project. Yeah right. lol. Just like I have nothing in my mind to make for the hams. If you and me stopped making stuff for hams, there would be another illness to put in the books of psychiatry. I think we would go mad if we didnt make things. lol.

Great house, by the way. I love it. =D> =D> =D>

Hehe.. Those ideas that seamlessly pop up in ones mind..Lol. I get them quit often. Then challenge myself to bring them to life- not to mention, working on ham related projects, is a lot more enjoyable and less expensive than treatment sessions with a psychologist! Aha!!