PDA

View Full Version : Flora and Princess

Spuds Mum
10-31-2008, 08:29 AM
I'm very sad to announce that today, I lost my beautiful young satin LH cream girl Flora to pyometra. She was taken to the vets yesterday who decided to keep her in and decide what to do with her after a scan today. I received a call to explain that the only course of action to save her would be a hysterectomy and so I agreed. I later received a phone call from the vet saying that she had a tumour or abscess filling three quarters of her stomach cavity and that this had damaged her other organs to the extent that we agreed it would be best to allow her to pass away quietly whilst still under the anaesthetic.
Flora was only 4 months old, and a beautiful girl. we didnt have long enough together but I thank her for the short time we did have. sleep well Florrie-flora xxx

[attachment=0:36qm3ejb]flora06.jpg[/attachment:36qm3ejb]

Having just received this sad news, I felt I needed to clear Flora's cage away (it doesn't get easier I find, if left) and so went to the hamstery. As I picked up her cage, I noticed my lovely LH sable roan girl Princess lying in a strange way near her bridge. I picked her up and could tell that she was nearing the end of her time, so wrapped her in a soft towel and sat cradling her and talking softly to her for 10 minutes whilst she laid, intently looking at me and listening to me thanking her for all the wonderful times we had had together and the special memories we shared. I reminded her of her wonderful children, grandchildren and great grandchildren and thanked her for being such a brilliant Mum to them, and a friend to me as she quietly slipped away.
Princess would have been 2 in December. A few months before she had a hysterectomy for pyometra, and recovered very well. She was starting to slow down, and I knew a few days ago that she would not be with us much longer.
Sleep well my darling Princess Pom-Pom - walk hand in hand to the bridge with Flora xxx

http://www.madabouthamsters.com/our_hamsters/princess/main/hamster_008.jpg

Hana
10-31-2008, 08:43 AM
How sad Spud's mum :(
You gave both Flora and Princess great lives and I'm sure they greatly apprieciate it.
RIP Flora and Princess xx

liam4mail
10-31-2008, 02:21 PM
I am so sorry to learn this. Your photographs are wonderful.

happysaz133
10-31-2008, 02:37 PM
I am so sorry to hear you lost both of your beautiful girls, rest peacefully Flora and Princess x

souffle
11-03-2008, 06:51 AM
So sorry to hear of the loss of Princess and Flora. They were two beautiful ladies and you did your best for both.
Rest in Peace Princess and Flora and run free at the bridge :(

sarah
11-03-2008, 12:55 PM
I'm so sorry that you lost Flora and Princess so early on in their lives. They were both very pretty hamsters and obviously very special to you. Take care

Sarah

jayne
11-03-2008, 02:39 PM
I'm sorry to hear about your girls spuds mum :cry:

They are looking after each other at the bridge and looking down at you to thank you for giving them such a wonderful life

RIP Flora and Princess xx