PDA

View Full Version : My TidBit, Too soon little girl, too soon.

Hammy_Lover22
09-25-2014, 03:51 PM
I never thought I would be writing in this thread. My hands still shake and tears stream down my face even though this was over a year ago. I can still hear her playful squeaks and expecting ears, curled back, intently listening. I still remember you, don't you forget that.

I have always been scared to right in this Thread. Never have I been strong enough. My other little girl, same colorings reminds me of her everyday. Now is the time, to share her story, to make sure no one repeats my mistakes..

One of my hamsters slipped into hibernation mode only last year, her name, was TidBit. It was devistateing. She was cold as ice, not moving. We almost buried her with a traditional saying goodbye burial. But, I saw a whisker twitching.

We immediately transfered her to a heating pad and stroked her softly. Feeding her water from her water bottle. She was beginning to recover.. I had to leave the house with MANY attempts to stay, alas I could not. When I got home I heard the news.. My Tidbit, Black and white banded, lay on the table, motionless, cold, sad. My family lay around her, tears in their eyes. Too soon little girl, too soon. Play well in your hamster ball across the rainbow bridge. You tamed me well.

I miss you baby girl, play well, play well,

I speak directly to you now,
You were not perfect, and neither was I. You were my first hamster, teaching me about freedom, love, and hope. Never was I closer to you than that moment, when you looked up to me, on you're heating pad. I saw a glint in you're eyes, almost reassuring me that it was going to be ok, but deep in you're heart you knew that it wouldn't be. Now, looking back on it, I know the lesson you were trying to teach me, how to let go.

My clumsyness took your life, you were cold, trying to reach out to me and tell me. I am deeply sorry. Play well at the rainbow bridge, and one day, I will meet you there.

-Caitlin

cypher
09-26-2014, 02:02 AM
I'm so sorry you had to lose you're precious girl this way, I understand how it hurts no matter how much time has passed but I'm sure you did your very best for her.

Hammy_Lover22
09-26-2014, 04:59 AM
Thanks Cypher. I really appreciate it.

2LittlePuds
09-26-2014, 05:04 AM
So sorry for your loss. That really brought a tear to my eye. She sounded very special.

Hammy_Lover22
09-26-2014, 05:10 AM
Thank you 2LittlePuds, I really appreciate the help and love everyone. xxxx <3

RosieTheHamster
09-27-2014, 08:34 AM
I'm so sorry <3 RiP little girl!

Hammy_Lover22
09-27-2014, 01:47 PM
Thanks RosieTheHamster. Everytime I think about her it brings a tear to my eye, knowing that her death was my fault.

Josie
09-28-2014, 10:53 AM
Go in peace TidBit you are loved x

Hammy_Lover22
09-28-2014, 06:26 PM
Thanks Josie

souffle
10-09-2014, 07:27 AM
I am so sorry for your loss.
Play well at the bridge Tidbit x