PDA

View Full Version : Lucky Fluffspot

kyrilliondaemon
09-24-2014, 07:53 AM
Lucky was an unplanned addition, we'd gone to Camarthen for the day and thought we were having a nice long relaxed day, staying out for dinner and coming home with some new stuff for both us and the pets... Lucky had other plans and when we went into P@H we were greeted by him sleeping on the metal of his adoption centre cage floor where he'd moved the shavings out of the way. He did a very good "Look at me, feel sorry for me..." routine. In the end he won, we cancelled our dinner plans and asked the assistants to keep him for a bit while we went and bought the few bits and pieces we'd need for him (like cucumber for the trip home). While we went and got those Lucky went and curled up in his half-built nest... Job done, we'd asked to get him shortly, he didn't need to stay making us feel sorry for him anymore did he?

He came home and I introduced him to HC - http://www.hamstercentral.com/community/dwarf-roborovskis-hamster/39856-introducing-lucky-fluffspot.html

http://sphotos-h.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/479817_10200836726510324_816844191_n.jpg

For a hamster who had been out in the open in the shop Lucky was a very, very nervous little guy. He wanted nothing to do with us and that was that really. He slowly worked his way through cages as he got confident enough to be trusted with more space and in the end he got an Alexander. He was happy, we were happy. We didn't always see him often but we kept an eye on him and he really enjoyed himself with the space he had.

This was the best pic I ever got of him and it was while we were changing him to a different cage so he had to be up and out for a few minutes
http://sphotos-g.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/q77/s720x720/486658_10201169420667470_49304721_n.jpg

Lucky came to us at about four months old, he stayed with us and was generally a really healthy hamster. He did develop a large lump, in the end it was about to start dragging on the floor so we asked the vet about surgery. He had his surgery, had a second smaller lump next to it removed at the same time (that we hadn't known existed) and came home quite happily. Within a week of the surgery he was getting into so much trouble without a wheel that we had to return it for his own safety.

In the end our little guy curled up and fell asleep at an estimated 21 months old. He rivalled Whizz for shyness but just like Whizz he was a true little character and won't be forgotten.

RIP Lucky

cypher
09-24-2014, 08:01 AM
Such a beautiful little guy with such a lovely story, you must miss him very much, I'm really sorry he has gone.
Play well Lucky.

fluffybumolivia
09-24-2014, 08:10 AM
Sorry for your loss. Play well at the bridge xx

Willow Wisp
09-24-2014, 08:31 AM
That's such a beautiful memorial.
I am so sorry for your loss, run free and at peace at the bridge little Lucky Fluffspot x

JBH316
09-24-2014, 10:34 AM
Sleep tight little man :(

DanniDorrito
09-24-2014, 10:40 AM
So sorry for your loss, Lucky was indeed very lucky you happened to pick him up that day. RIP little guy x

Hekomi
09-24-2014, 11:11 AM
I love his story. x RIP little guy, play well at the bridge.

kyrilliondaemon
09-24-2014, 12:32 PM
Thanks everyone

ANGELBABIES
09-24-2014, 12:39 PM
Sweet little man - play well at the Bridge little one. Hugs to you Kyrilliondaeon xx

MamaHam
09-25-2014, 01:44 AM
he was a beauty. i am sorry for your loss. there will always be a small space in your heart for him :)

starshme
09-25-2014, 03:23 AM
Kyrillion, I love his story - he was a very lucky hamster. I'm sorry for your loss but I'm glad that you were able to give him such a great life in the time you had him. His eyes... I'm a sucker for an underdog with big sad eyes. Thank you for sharing his story and photos.

kimlck
09-25-2014, 04:13 AM
Oh Kyrill,
Lucky Fluffspot was lucky to find you.
Sorry for your loss xx
Play well Lucky xx

Gazmo
09-25-2014, 04:13 AM
poor thing, he sounds like he had a lovely life, even though he was shy you still gave him all the love and care in the world x Rip Lucky x

souffle
10-09-2014, 07:25 AM
I am so sorry for your loss. He was indeed lucky to find you .
Play well at the bridge Lucky fluffspot x