PDA

View Full Version : Farewell Vincent

Pilgrim77
09-03-2014, 05:10 AM
I knew this would be coming for a while now, Vincent passed the 2 mark and was losing fur rapidly. He was eating and drinking normally until the end and passed quietly in his sleep yesterday morning. It's the best you can hope for with your hammies - that they go into their nests and go peacefully.

I wrote a tribute with pictures on imgur, not sure if it's ok to link that or not. I wanted to share until I get them all sorted on photobucket.

I got Vincent when I moved back home 2 years ago and was feeling a bit disheartened about the whole thing. It was a rubbish time ad I thought I could do with a bit of company round the house, and that is where Vincent fits in. He was the last of his litter left in Pets at Home, and as soon as I saw him snoozing in his cage there I had to take him home. He was always a source of cheering up. He did well to live as long as he did, having gone through surgery to have a leg removed last Christmas, it put a lot of stress on his body. But he handled it like a champ and the main issue was trying to stop him clambering about before his wound healed.

He'll be buried today next to Titus who I lost a few months ago. I'm going to put a plant in on top them to mark the spot.

Here's the link, I think I've put most of these pics up on the forum at some point! The Life & Times of Vincent - Imgur (http://imgur.com/gallery/f8DdY/new)

DrKMcK
09-03-2014, 06:41 AM
Hello Pilgrim77. Vincent was a lovely little ham. He did so well with his missing leg. I saw all the wonderful photos and I loved the hat! I am so very sorry you lost this little ham. It is so obvious how much he was loved and cared for. I know you will miss him so much :-( Play well at the Bridge Vincent. :-(

Pilgrim77
09-03-2014, 07:36 AM
Thank you :) I'd taken your advice and was using small amounts of aloe vera stuff to soothe his bald patches, so I don't think he was too uncomfortable for the last while.

Skyblue2001
09-03-2014, 07:54 AM
I am so sorry for your loss,i know what it feels like to lose a precious hamster.

cypher
09-03-2014, 07:56 AM
What a beautiful sweet boy, you've been through so much together I know how you'll miss him, I'm so sorry for your loss.
Play well Vincent.

corrieberry
09-12-2014, 02:22 AM
Lots of love and hugs to you.

MamaHam
09-12-2014, 02:50 AM
I'am sorry for your loss... hope you bet better soon. just think that he is in a better place now. Xxx

souffle
09-16-2014, 06:28 AM
I am so sorry for your loss. You looked after him with the greatest care and he did reach a good age because of that.
Play well at the bridge Vincent x