PDA

View Full Version : Syrian Hamster wish list

babyboos
10-04-2005, 09:52 AM
If Santa could bring you any Syrian coat, colour, pattern combination for Xmas what would you choose?

A) a realistic one (e.g. Longhaired Silver Sable Roan)

and just for a fun

B) an idealistic one (e.g. Purple Curly Longhaired With Gold Sparkles, or Luminous Green Satin Spiked Shorthaired with Yellow Eyes...(yuck)...)

Cazza269
10-04-2005, 09:56 AM
oooh what fun. lol

1. A longhaired, satin, lilac with black eyes

2. Denim blue coat, gold eyes (like jean studs...snigger) and a wee pocket on the back :lol:

i-love-paddy
10-04-2005, 10:24 AM
1) A longhaired smoke pearl male

2) A longhaired, satin, lilac female with diamond studded fur

:lol:

Pendragon
10-12-2005, 12:06 AM
Ooooh, I like this idea!

a) A well marked Tortoiseshell & White banded

b) A real Blue hamster, like the colour of blue cats & dogs & Russian Blue rats. Then I could make gorgeous Blue-Cream Tortoiseshell & Whites.

I also think a Black-eyed Pink hamster would go down very well as a new variety!

PJ
10-12-2005, 02:52 AM
a long haired dark purple lol or dark blue

Pendragon
10-12-2005, 12:22 PM
Second thoughts - I've had a flash of inspiration!

a) Real Hamster: An orange, black-spotted short-haired Satin, just like a Bengal cat.

b) Imaginary: Black and orange leopard-print!!!

How cool would that be! When the neon gene is discovered, you could also have neon-pink and neon-green leopard print hamsters too!

And ooooohh...... what about Glow-in-the-Dark Hamsters? Apparently scientists have already created glow-in-the-dark mice. just think, when they escape you'd be able to spot them straight away, as long as it's night-time.

on!?!" Nothing - I promise! ;)]

matinee_92
10-12-2005, 12:28 PM
Lol! Love your avatar, by the way! :lol:

pophammy
10-12-2005, 12:28 PM
a) A Long Haired Black-Eyed Cream Satin male (but hopefully Bailey will bring us one, not Santa!)

b) pink, purple and blue striped puffball with sunglasses 8) (!!!) and a crest!!!!! Completly crazy!!!!!! :roll: :-s O:)

Pendragon
10-12-2005, 01:32 PM
Lol! Love your avatar, by the way! :lol:

Why, thank you! :D

Trouble is.... I can't decide if she's sucking her thumb.... or picking her nose!!!! :shock: :lol:

pophammy
10-14-2005, 06:29 AM
Hey Babyboos, we have your answer! If you go on eBbay you can buy glow-in-the-dark Hamtaro hamsters! :lol: :lol: :lol:

babyboos
10-14-2005, 09:07 AM
Now I have a male hamster who would try to get offspring from that :twisted:

Maybe your hammy is biting her nails Pendragon?

sarah
10-18-2005, 02:09 PM
Ohhhh where do I start !!!! :oops:

a) At the moment (I change my mind every day!!!!) :lol: A longish haired Rex Banded Chocolate.

b) Either a longish haired Satin Silver Grey or longish haired Satin Black Eyed Ivory with diamonds sparkling in its fur!!!!!!!!!!!!

Skwee
10-29-2005, 11:58 PM
a) a pair of sh Satin Lilacs!! :D

b) (cant go too unrealistic because i cant imagine a ham with diamond studded fur :? )

I would like a Satin everything :lol: I would love to see what a satin Yellow Dom spot looks like. Satin + White :? i wonder...

The idea of a 'russian blue' coloured hamster was pretty good... i thought about that many times..

OHHHH i decided!!! i want a Satin Siamese Hamster!!!

Demondog
10-30-2005, 06:23 AM
1) A Long Haired one, preferably grey and white, or maybe Black.

2) I deep blue, with silver ticks on the edge of the hairs.

flogging_molly
10-30-2005, 03:21 PM
a tortishell they are beautiful

Emma
10-31-2005, 05:18 AM
Can't believe I've managed to miss this thread....

1) Real: Lilac....I'd love to breed these one day

2) Fantasy:.....zebra print! Maybe we could invent a "striped" gene that gave white stripes over colour, so a black striped hamster would be a zebra ham! And then we could have other funky striped hamsters too.....

Emma
10-31-2005, 05:18 AM
p.s. if anyone can Photoshop me a zebra hamster I'd love them!

babyboos
11-01-2005, 04:44 PM
Maybe Debs could make up something with Black Francis?

Pretty cool idea :wink:

Muddles
11-18-2005, 10:44 AM
1. Black long haired syrian (if they exist yet) failing that a short haired black - now I did see one of those and Chris had to drag me away as I wanted him and he came up to tank to say hello to me and that was it.

2.Imaginary.- Sky blue pink with Yellow dots

Lisa x

Pendragon
11-18-2005, 12:49 PM
Black long hairs do exist... although they don't look jet black, because of the long hair. The under-fur looks greyish, as it does in Black Persian cats, because they have the same amount of pigment granules as a short hair but obviously stretched along a longer hair length.

Female black long-hairs would look blacker, as their coats are shorter!

This is Albert Einstein, my Black banded Long-hair:

http://www.nenuphar.plus.com/hamsters/Albert2face.jpg

and here's Forte, my Black Rex:

http://www.nenuphar.plus.com/hamsters/Forte2face.jpg

(a bit blacker now as he's had a good moult!)

I may have some Black babies early in the New Year..... :twisted:

nooboo
11-18-2005, 03:04 PM
i have to admit my wish list for the future has a nice tort with no white on it and a long hair. though i think i will have a long wait till dave gets out of his hamster loss blues

my imaginary hamster would be a tort, but also have ginger tabby patches. failing that a ginger tabby paterned hamster!

Muddles
11-19-2005, 02:47 AM
Oh Pendragon.

Now I know black long haired do exist and I've seen your wonderful pictures, I want one more than ever now. Keeping eyes peeled mission has commenced.

Lisa x

babyboos
11-19-2005, 07:12 AM
http://www.hamsterhouse.co.uk/gallery/albums/babyboos/Black_Longhaired_Syrian_Male_001.jpg

http://www.hamsterhouse.co.uk/gallery/albums/babyboos/Black_Longhaired_Syrian_Male_002.jpg

http://www.hamsterhouse.co.uk/gallery/albums/babyboos/Black_Longhaired_Syrian_Male_003.jpg

I am working on getting longer, more even coats - you should try to get to a show Muddles, some of the Long-haired hamsters out there are amazing.

Muddles
11-19-2005, 12:55 PM
I am keeping my eyes open for a show around where I live. So far I haven't found one as yet.

Will keep a look out though. :D

Lisa x

flogging_molly
11-19-2005, 01:03 PM
awww, the Long Haired Blacks are amazing but as for the zebra coloured hamster perhaps it could be something I could aim to work for as I am to be getting a digital camera for christmas?? perhaps I could photoshop something ;)

Pendragon
11-19-2005, 01:11 PM
I am keeping my eyes open for a show around where I live. So far I haven't found one as yet.

The Midland Hamster Club is probably your nearest -

http://www.midlandhamsterclub.co.uk/

although the shows may not be that close to Northampton, and you might have to travel a bit! But well worth it, to see so many nice hammies & meet some very friendly people.

Babyboos - your LH Black is gorgeous! If you weren't so far from me, you'd need to put a padlock on his cage... tee hee

Muddles
11-19-2005, 03:49 PM
The Midland Hamster Club is probably your nearest -

http://www.midlandhamsterclub.co.uk/

although the shows may not be that close to Northampton, and you might have to travel a bit! But well worth it, to see so many nice hammies & meet some very friendly people.

I have looked on their website before and there shows are a bit of a trek away but I shall go to one as soon as I can.

Babyboos - your LH Black is gorgeous! If you weren't so far from me, you'd need to put a padlock on his cage... tee hee

Tee hee I'm with you on that one Pendragon. He is an absolute darling :D

Lisa x

furrynavel
11-24-2005, 09:36 AM
1. I have my dream hamster already! Thank you babyboos :D

2. A fibre optic coated hamster :shock:

flogging_molly
11-24-2005, 12:03 PM
A fibre optic coated hamster

now that would be pretty cool, longhaired or short haired though?

babyboos
11-24-2005, 12:58 PM
Would have to be longhaired so wafted around :oops:

Mimosa is a beauty would love to see how she is developing if you get then chance?

furrynavel
11-24-2005, 01:09 PM
Would have to be longhaired so wafted around :oops:

Yes, like the fibre optic ufo light thingies that you can get!

Mimosa is a beauty would love to see how she is developing if you get then chance?

I will get some current piccies on the computer as soon as. Now that I had someone sort my computer after it had a breakdown (possibly my fault :oops: technophobe that I am) I cannot get it to recognise my camera. *sigh*

babyboos
11-24-2005, 01:13 PM
I had that same fault when my PC was rebuilt not sure how the other half fixed it in end :roll:

furrynavel
11-26-2005, 07:51 AM
Fixed the camera problem so when Mimosa is awake and recovered afer her mammoth play and explore session which lasted almost all night :D I am gonna get her out and click away like a mad thing :D

Skwee
12-17-2005, 03:59 PM
what can I say??

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a60/hammyratlet/bewzebra.jpg

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a60/hammyratlet/tinfoilhammycopy.jpg

matinee_92
12-18-2005, 03:49 AM
LOL!! They're great, Skwee! :lol:

souffle
12-18-2005, 03:56 AM
Those would make cute boiled egg covers (without the ham inside)

pophammy
12-18-2005, 04:06 AM
EEEEEEEEEEEEEE! So cute Skwee! I saw something a bit like that on another forum. Something about a mutant zebra hamster eating green goo! :? :roll: :oops:

Emma
12-18-2005, 05:26 AM
OMG!!! Zebra hamster :D that's so great!!!

I wonder if they'll have one in the rescue in the new year ;)!!

souffle
12-18-2005, 06:25 AM
Thats great Emma that you are thinking about a rescue ham in the New Year. Phoebe would be so proud. Zebra striped or purple spotted they are all too cute.

Emma
12-18-2005, 10:01 AM
You know me, won't be without a syrian for too long. It feels weird right now though. I think I might try and look for a hammy that is very different to Phoebs - maybe a young male. Depends on what is around.

Hmmm might go and look at rescue websites.....