PDA

View Full Version : R.I.P. babies

twix and oreo mates4life
08-22-2014, 05:44 PM
When I first found HC my daughter created my account and posted about twixs dying babies and I wanted to tell about them.

When we got twix we were told she was a male and I new next to nothing about hamsters but I know now that she is a female. She gave birth to 8 beautiful babies on September 8 2013. At 42 days old they started randomly dying and we couldn't afford a vet trip. 5 out of 8 babies died. Two of them went to a pet store and the other went to my math teacher. R.I.P. soot, Nemo, squeakers, patches, coconut. I hope that tiny (Kevin), pumpkin, and boo enjoy their homes

Dave1995
08-22-2014, 05:51 PM
That's so sad.. R.I.P

DrKMcK
08-22-2014, 06:07 PM
This is one of the sadder outcomes of petshops or homebred hammy owners not being able to properly sex a hammy and then a new owner having a surprise birth. It's just so unfair all around, for the new owner, the poor new mama ham, and the new pups. It was so sad that your introduction to hamsters happened this way; with the loss of baby hammies. I hope that Soot, Nemo, Squeakers, Patches, & Coconut found their way to the Rainbow Bridge. Poor babies. :-(

twix and oreo mates4life
08-22-2014, 07:47 PM
We were planning on keeping coco, tiny, patches, and pumpkin but after the deaths we couldn't bear it. Squeakers wasn't killed by it though. He was running in his wheel and my 6 year old brother gave him a push into the wall and he had seizures for days until he died. :(