PDA

View Full Version : Goodnight Flynn

Myteeduck
08-20-2014, 03:54 AM
Hi all.

I haven't posted in here since 2012, mainly because my little baby Flynn, short of having a minor skin infection, was in full health his entire life.

About a week ago, I noticed he was becoming severely sluggish, with no appetite and also with a slight clicking/wheezing noise coming from him. I knew that due to his age (2 years, 8 months) he wouldn't survive any antibiotics or even the travel to a vet, plus I didn't want to loose him to a needle up the bum, I could make his last days with me as comfortable as possible. Over the last 7 days, Flynn curled up with me, every night, either on my shoulder, the crook of my elbow or my chest, to go to sleep. At midnight, I would return him to his cage and tuck him up warm. He seemed to pick up this time yesterday and got a sudden burst of energy and made me feel like he was with me still for the long run.

However, Flynn passed away this morning, asleep on my chest, between midnight and 12.30am. He went to sleep, along with me and when I awoke at 1am, ready to return him to his cage, he had already left us and was playing at the Rainbow Bridge.

I am 28 years old and Flynn kept me company when I moved in to my flat, sharing his home with Bonnie the cat, until she disappeared a year ago and later on Poppy (also a cat). Considering he shared his home with 2 cats over his life, he was never scared of them, always able to hold his own.

He was a object of affection for my mums dog, whenever we went to visit. Ben would stare at his cage and barely take his eyes off Flynn for sometimes the full 2 weeks we stayed. Ben never had any intention of hurting Flynn, I think he was mesmerized at Flynn's lifestyle and how he could wrap my round his tiny fingers.

Flynn will be buried at my mums house, in a lovely box with fresh bedding and he will be watched over by Ben and his sister Daisy. I'm sure they will protect him.

I am starting to tear up again writing this. It just goes to show that no matter how old you are, or how small the pet, they can still leave a deep mark on your heart.

I love you Flynn, I'm sure my hamster from my childhood, Konichiwa will look after you, until I am able to join you and take you across the bridge to heaven.

Till then, much love Myteeduck xxxx

https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpa1/t31.0-8/s720x720/10633986_10152310033133715_18446131085324892_o.jpg

Josie
08-20-2014, 01:43 PM
Play well at the Bridge Flynn, you are loved x

DrKMcK
08-20-2014, 02:57 PM
My heart hurts. :-( What a lovely memorial to Flynn. I'm 60 years old Myteeduck, and it never fails to be painful and upsetting when I lose one of my furry babies. Flynn sounds like he had a wonderful life with you. What a marvelous age he lived to. Peace to you. Play well at the Rainbow Bridge Flynn. Send a hammy kiss back home with the wind now and then. :-(

fluffydd
08-20-2014, 05:29 PM
I'm so sorry that Flynn left you. I'm sure he enjoyed the cuddles over the last few days and I'm glad he left peacefully in his sleep after a good long life with you. Hugs xx

Enh98
08-20-2014, 06:12 PM
I'm so sorry for your loss!

Myteeduck
08-22-2014, 08:31 AM
Thank you all for your kind words.
I think about Flynn everyday.
He is buried in the sunshine at my mums house, being guarded by Ben.
It was a shock to go home and see his cage gone (my mum moved it, so I didn't have to see it).

x

souffle
09-16-2014, 06:12 AM
I am so sorry for your loss. Flynn was blessed with a long and happy life though.
Play well at the bridge Flynn x