PDA

View Full Version : Thought you guys might like to see my bunny :)

Cazza269
10-03-2005, 08:32 AM
here is my rescue bunny Coby, I love him to bits, he is soo handsome!!

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y286/cazza269/DSC00381.jpg

nooboo
10-03-2005, 09:05 AM
awww bless, looks really cuddly, bet that would cause some wriggles though

Cazza269
10-03-2005, 09:07 AM
unfortunately he isn't very cuddly, but I don't know his background so it may be he has some bad experiences from before

nooboo
10-03-2005, 09:14 AM
thats usually my problem with animals, the desire to stroke and cuddle those who do not wish it.

my parents got two rescue dogs while I was still living there, one adopted me more over the other family members, she had such a fear of sticks, especially old ladies walking sticks (she was punished a bit by a little old lady who well, didn't realise anymore she was doing wrong, that's how they became rescue dogs) she would wet herself and everything, but slowly she got over it. My gran has a stick you see, Molly (the dog) would jump on my lap (half killing me she was a big dog) and I would comfort her, it was not too nice for a while, accidents on your lap tend not to be too pleasent, but slowly she realised it was safe, and now does not care one bit, and is more likely to try to trip my gran up now.

It's always a problem I feel knowing what fears to accept as a animal's quirks and avoid at all cost, or whether to slowly help them to loose them. Then again I don't know that many cuddly bunnies, just every time I see one I want to cuddle it :oops:

Cazza269
10-03-2005, 09:26 AM
aww poor dogs, good they have a good home now though :)

as for bunnies they don't really like being picked up much anyhow, but he just doesn't like to be touched at all

nooboo
10-03-2005, 09:28 AM
ah sounds like he had to put up with a younger version of me, at least I know I shouldn't cuddle the things I want to

must be hard though not to stroke such a cutie

Cazza269
10-03-2005, 09:31 AM
I am trying to get him used to it by bribing him with treats ;) he is slowly coming round, but it is hard he is such a sweetie

Emma
10-03-2005, 10:13 AM
How old is he, and is he neutered?

He's a handsome chappie :)

Cazza269
10-03-2005, 10:17 AM
he is a year old approx, and yes, I had him nuetered about a month and a bit ago, as he is a rescue I am unsure of exact age, but the lady at the rescue estimated that he would have been born in the summer, he is very handsome, I think originally he has been from a proper breeder

babyboos
10-03-2005, 10:23 AM
He is very good looking. To be honest I had many many rabbits as a child, even up to university where I had house bunnies, but only a handful were real cuddle monsters. I do fancy a pair of rabbits when I move to my new house with a nice big garden. I know when the time comes I will be spoiled for choice there are so many in the rescues around here. Many come from the local Pets at Home where they were sold as pets to young children who just don't understand they are not big cuddly, fluffy pets but do have hard nails and a strong kick. I am glad they make it to the rescue though, how many others are now living out their lives in a hutch outside in a garden somewhere with hardly any human contact :twisted:

Cazza269
10-03-2005, 10:31 AM
I know! I am a member of a great rabbit rescue forum, you wouldnt believe some of the horror stories we here from the rescue owners..its just too sad :( some people can be so cruel

babyboos
10-03-2005, 02:10 PM
I have heard of bunnies being beaten by adults because they scratched a child, and that is tame compared to some of the injuries deliberately inflicted on innocent animals who are just doing what is natural to them.

Cazza269
10-03-2005, 02:17 PM
yes I know very, very, sad, one of the rescues had some come in the other week, that had been in a barn, with no light for lord knows how long, toe nails curled round into thier feet :( so sad

babyboos
10-03-2005, 02:28 PM
Digestive problems are quite common in my local rescue. People just don't realise how delicate rabbits are :cry: This is a great comprehensive round-up of rabbits which I found when browsing the internet one day.

THE RABBIT AND GUINEA PIG WELFARE REHOMING AND RESCUE CENTRE (http://www.rngp.org/index-rabbit-facts.shtml)

Rabbits need a constant high fibre food source such as good quality hay and out time every day.

Cazza269
10-03-2005, 02:30 PM
she is a member of the forum! she is an absloute star, really knows her stuff, and has homed so so many pigges and buns, so funny her site is the one you posted, I was just talking to her!

Cazza269
10-03-2005, 02:31 PM
Yes, Coby is a house bun, has run of the living room all evening and night, but not during the day, and he is one of the unfortunate ones with a delicate tum, I have to be very careful

babyboos
10-03-2005, 02:32 PM
Wierd small world though in terms of decent rescues :P

Cazza269
10-03-2005, 02:33 PM
isn't it just!

babyboos
10-03-2005, 02:52 PM
What is the name of the forum - we don't mind you advertising decent other websites here at Hamster Central, especially for other pets.

Cazza269
10-03-2005, 02:54 PM
I wasnt sure if you were aloud to, some forums dont like it, here is the link:

http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/tam/