PDA

View Full Version : R.I.P. bailey

twix and oreo mates4life
08-05-2014, 09:44 AM
This is kind of late but I still can't get over the death of the most amazing best friend a person could have. Bailey was a chocolate lab. She died on march 14 2012. The reason I am posting this is because I want people to know how much a pet matters. Bailey sat with me and I felt like she understood me. She always knew how to make things better. I thought bailey would have a long happy life but I was wrong. Her life was cut short at only 2years old. Baileys daughter Percy and I watched her get hit by a car on the highway behind our house. Since bailey died I feel like part of me is missing and I really wanted to share how much I miss her.

JBH316
08-05-2014, 10:55 AM
I'm so sorry - it must have been awful to witness the accident :(

icklemunch
08-05-2014, 11:10 AM
I am so very sorry :(

I lost my Black lab 7 weeks ago aged 12 due to Cancer. It really is horrible. I too miss him so much.

She sounded absolutely beautiful. I can't even begin to imagine how awful that must of been.

Bec
08-05-2014, 11:25 AM
I'm so very sorry for your loss, such a tragedy.
Hope you are ok x

twix and oreo mates4life
08-05-2014, 02:14 PM
Thanks guys. I miss her so much even though it was 2 years ago. She lit up the house with her presence. So sorry about your lab icklemunch. I hope bailey is playing with him in heaven. My current dog, Percy was baileys daughter and she isn't as happy as she used to be since bailey died

icklemunch
08-05-2014, 04:37 PM
Thank you!

As people often say it gets easier. It really doesn't. Missing them gets worse. However once the pain heals a little all the wonderful memories come. I often just randomly smile/laught which can look abit strange in the middle of doing my food shopping.

Be glad,although very short she knew nothing but love in her life. Poor Percy.

Do hope you're ok.

twix and oreo mates4life
08-05-2014, 08:47 PM
I know it doesn't get easier. My mom said it would but I can still clearly see the accident as if it happened 2 seconds ago. Sometimes I just randomly laugh too :P

twix and oreo mates4life
08-05-2014, 08:48 PM
Percy was just curled up in a ball. She sounds so cute when she snores :)

souffle
08-14-2014, 03:46 AM
So sorry to hear of your loss. He was a very special boy and much loved.
Play well at the bridge Bailey x

starshme
08-20-2014, 06:06 AM
I'm very sorry for your loss, Twix. I'm glad that you have Percy, even though it's very hard on both of you.

DrKMcK
08-20-2014, 01:37 PM
I just saw this. I am so sorry. What a dreadful thing to happen. My sister's Cocker Spaniel died young the same way and she was devastated. :-( Run free in safety at the Rainbow Bridge Bailey. :-(