PDA

View Full Version : Does the male or female have the better temprement?

alvinsfamily
10-05-2008, 02:03 PM
Im thinking of getting a pair x

ellisyellis
10-05-2008, 10:37 PM
ive aways found boys to be much more friendly than girls. i had hamsters all my childhood and still have one. looking back all the nice ones where males and all the ones that bit us were girls. personally i wouldnt buy a girl unless it was for breeding. this is my experience with syrians only. ive never had dwarfs

souffle
10-09-2008, 03:34 AM
I think males tend to be more laid back myself but both are fine with lots of taming. I assume you are considering a same sex pair?

alvinsfamily
10-12-2008, 08:36 AM
Oh yes, same sex definatly. x

leafpool14
10-26-2008, 06:28 AM
Males tend to be more vicious than females when it comes to 'mating season' and when their scent glands start developing. They try to establish their own territory and will fight violently with each other. I'd say its safer to get 2 females because they don't compete with each other

Leafpool

ellisyellis
10-26-2008, 06:49 AM
thats a good thought about which pairs to get. i can see how boys would possibly be competitive. i have syrians. never had to think about that one!

stellanova1
11-11-2008, 12:32 PM
I've had both a pair of female and male campbells dwarfs and i defo think females have better temprement.
But i guess it just depends on the hamsters and if they were handled before you get them, plus some hams just have a moody and snappy personality.

But in general i say females are better.

j-alexandria
12-29-2008, 02:05 PM
I've never owned a male Campbell until today, but I've owned a male Robo and I must say males seem to be a lot more laid back (as others have said) than the females I've had.
I remember when my Campbell, a couple years ago, gave birth, the males were definitely I guess nicer than the females.