PDA

View Full Version : A wee problem

suga
10-05-2008, 01:32 AM
The last couple of weeks I have noticed that Lilbear doesn't appear to have any wet areas in her cage. I have been trying to get her to use a potty, but she justs uses it to store food in and roll about in. The potty is in the corner that she previously used for a wee. I am struggling to find where she is doing a wee now. She doesn't have a big tum or anything and she is certainly pooing okay and she is drinking, as I have seen her doing it.

You would expect to see some wet somewhere right?

souffle
10-07-2008, 09:29 AM
Sometimes we find this with baby hams and wonder if they ever wee! I think sometimes if they do it here and there in different spots it simply dries out and is not noticeable. Maybe she wees in her bedding and it is absorbed? Mostly we find though that they choose something to wee against and you can't notice it till it gets whiffy!

suga
10-12-2008, 11:10 AM
I'm soo excited - today I found wee when I cleaned her out. Bless lilbear for peeing so i could see it. I think its drying out, cos our house is a bit warm at the moment as we have put the heating on - i know already!

The wee drama I think is over. :-)

stripeybea
10-12-2008, 03:09 PM
thats great suga im glad she had nothing wrong with her
:mrgreen:

flogging_molly
10-20-2008, 07:35 AM
as long as you know she is taking in fluids and looks healthy i'd say shes fine, shes maybe covering her pee with sawdust and being extra hygenic about it :)

suga
10-20-2008, 10:03 AM
Tee hee - she's a good girl :-)