PDA

View Full Version : The Story of Zazu and SnowFlake. Prepare for Tears.

HoppyHammy
07-23-2014, 06:40 PM
This thread is in memory of 2 very brave hamsters. Zazu, the Russian dwarf with a stomach tumor, and Snow Flake, the blind albino dwarf hamster with mites. They both lived on, but lost their fights. All the memories I've made with them are priceless. Even though they lived in separate times, that does not make them any less beautiful than any other hamsters. Zazu died around 2012 from a stomach tumor. He died peacefully on his side, with his eyes closed. Never to again open. The same night Zazu was dying, we rushed to the Pet store only to find out that Zazu would not make it to morning. We ended up bringing home a fluffy, adorable tiny white hamster, with a bald spot on his back. It was our mistake, being that the bald spot, was full of mites. This raked up hundreds of dollars in vet bills, so, one morning i was so tired, i didn't go to school. My snapping turtle, Tiger needed to be brought to the Wild Life sanctuary. I cried my eyes out, and figured it couldn't be worse. Then i started playing with Snow, and he helped me stop crying. My mom called me to her room, and said it was time for Snow Flake to be put down. I cried so much I think I lost half a pound. We dragged my friend out of school and I snuggled Snow Flake in my arms. We set him down on the cold table and he looked up at me, wondering what was happening. I lost it. The look in his eyes was painful. It scorched my heart as the veterinarian brung him to the other room, then brung him back lifeless. I held his cold body in my arms, his eyes still looking up at mine, and I cried a little more. His pain and suffering ended, but mine lived on. We buried him a couple months after. His winter white glare still appears in my dreams, and it's buried deep in my heart. SnowFlake didn't deserve this. No body should have to go through this. And that is why, i am NEVER adopting another animal from Petco. Ever. Thinking back to this day I cried. This shows how an animal can affect you. I'll never forget that day, how could I, it was the worst day of my life. But most of all, that stare. The last thing SnowFlake ever did was look up at me. Like I was his Hero.
If you cried during this true story, please comment below. I sure did. :cry:

HoppyHammy

souffle
07-24-2014, 06:15 AM
Run free at the bridge Zazu and Snowflake :(