PDA

View Full Version : Select Softwood Bedding?

cat
10-01-2005, 06:15 AM
I was at the shops the other day and bought some Bob Martin Nourish Select Softwood Bedding. At the time I thought that sinse it didn't state what wood it used it probably wouldn't be cedar or pine, but thinking about it I'm not too sure. I haven't used it yet and also don't know how dusty it will be. Does anyone know if this bedding is ok?

babyboos
10-01-2005, 02:03 PM
Hello Cat, how are the girls settling in? Their sister did very well at the hamster show last weekend :lol:

These shavings are made from softwood so should be okay - Sitka Spruce is the main softwood component in shavings in the UK normally which is one of the reasons we can use shavings here wheras our members in USA need to be a lot more careful as their shavings are normally hardwood based such as Pine and Cedar.

cat
10-03-2005, 03:35 PM
Ah ok, they've settled in really well thanks! One has a small hole in her ear though which I think must've been from a bite but they still sleep together & groom & play together so I'm guessing it was an accident... keeping an eye on them anyway just incase. Their favourite past time seems to be running about the house in their balls, they can go for hours! Glad to hear their sister's doing well, did u manage to pair her up with anyone?

babyboos
10-03-2005, 03:38 PM
Yes she is living with a lovely Orange Winter White I got from Anne Dray at the Show. Both run together on the wheel and look to be getting on very well.

cat
10-03-2005, 04:11 PM
Cool, if I figure out how to put photos from my phone onto computer then I'll try & post a few of them on here if you'd like to see them

babyboos
10-03-2005, 04:13 PM
You need to be able to host the pictures on the internet. Can you email them from your phone to yourself? Unless you have a datacable it is the only way I think. Unless it has Infra-Red or Bluetooth...

Photobucket.com is a free webhost which many of our members use.

cat
10-03-2005, 04:53 PM
Its got email, I'll try & set it up during the week. If not my friends got a datacable so I'll just send them to him & download from there