PDA

View Full Version : Depressed Hamster?

SKIBADEE_NAYNAY
10-01-2008, 12:24 PM
He doesnt pkay with anything he doesnt chew anything he just sleeps or wakes up at 5 in the morning and goes on his wheel for 2 hours but thats it! He is really a lovely hamster he has never bitten me and loves wondering around in my room, although when he walks hes very slow???? kinda curious he likes to sit and stare at me eekk he is a weird hamster ive never had one like him really?? i love him to bits but wish he would be a bit more ,lively!!

Spuds Mum
10-02-2008, 02:33 AM
He may just be a very lazy lazy boy Neomy, I certainly have had hamsters like this. If you are unsure of course I would suggest that you take him to the vet to check his health to make sure he is fine.

Of course you could try giving him some different playthings, changing his cage around, to see if that gives him a bit of interest.

I also tend to make my hams work a bit, such as putting their bedding in the middle of the cage so they have to move it to where they want it, and rather than putting all the food in the bowl, scattering and hiding it may make him spend time finding it and putting it exactly where he wants it :D

happysaz133
10-02-2008, 07:26 AM
I wouldn't worry too much, my hamster is like that. Mine doesn't really get active until about 2am, then he goes to sleep about 8am. When we wake him up about 10pm/11pm, he doesn't really do a whole lot! Some are just like that.

But I would make sure there's nothing wrong with him, maybe make a vets appointment to put your mind at rest.