PDA

View Full Version : Snowbelle - RIP

Kubey
07-21-2014, 09:58 AM
Hi guys,

I am a new poster here and I just would like to share with you my experience of my recently deceased Syrian Hamster 'Snowbelle'. I guess the reason I'm posting this is to get some closure about how much I have loved and will miss little Snowbelle.

She was a white hamster who my girlfriend & I purchased from pets at home back in august 2012. She was already a few months old but nobody wanted to buy her because she was white! Needless to say, we didn't hesitate in giving her a loving home.

We got her home and put her in her new cage, and so began a wonderful life with Snowie. She has brought so many funny moments and happy times to me and my fiancée like the time she jumped off the bed and we thought she would be injured, turns out she just scuttled back into out hands as if nothing had happened! We had her out every day, giving her cuddles and playing with her in the sofa or bed - she was such a kind and caring hammie, never biting or snapping at us. You could put a small seed in your grasp and she would slowly navigate your fingers so not to bite you! That was just the loving little thing she was.

Unfortunately, over the last few days, she lost so much weight and had very bad poos. She refused to eat or drink water, it was then we knew she was poorly as before this she was always such a little fattie when it came to food! Bless her.

The vet said she was very diseased and would only suffer if kept alive, so we made the decision just a few hours ago to put her to sleep. It was a very strange experience, and I plucked up the courage to see her after they had put her to sleep. She looked so peaceful and big after, I had forgotten how long she was! It was very upsetting as I'm sure you can all imagine, but I now feel a huge relief that her life didn't end in agonising pain.

She has provided us both with wonderful experiences and will be missed sorely, but I guess I'm writing this to make myself feel better and just to let people know that there is a lot of peace after our little beloveds are gone.

Anyway , thanks for reading I've enclosed a pic of when she was a baby, we will always have wonderful memories of her. It's nice to know like minded hamster lovers like you all are out there, it really makes me smile to think how loved these little creatures are.

Thanks for your time,

Shaun x

souffle
07-21-2014, 10:07 AM
I am so sorry for your loss. She was clearly a much loved hamster who enriched your lives with her presence. I am glad she came to you - it was meant to be.
Play well at the bridge lovely Snowbelle x

SyrianMaster
07-21-2014, 11:01 AM
I'm sorry for your loss. You really loved her and I'm sure she loved you. I know how sad it can be, because I lost my first hamster too. She was really old and refused to drink too. Sorry again

ANGELBABIES
07-21-2014, 12:56 PM
I am so sorry for your loss Kubey. You have come to the right place at HC - where we understand your pain. Many of us here have lost our precious little ones, and in time we have opened our hearts to give another little fluffball a good home. Your memories will carry you both through this difficult time, and will make you feel glad that it was to you that she came as she was meant to be your little one. Run free at the Rainbow bridge little fluff xxx

dave123791
07-21-2014, 01:48 PM
So sorry to hear about your Snowbelle. You have made the right decision.

R.I.P. Snowbelle- enjoy your time at the bridge little one :(

SprinkleHamster
07-21-2014, 05:21 PM
I am glad you were able to help her pain stop. I am so sorry she had to go like that though. My condolences

DrKMcK
07-21-2014, 07:12 PM
Hello Kubey. I am glad you posted about your beautiful Snowbelle to memorialize her time with you and your fiance. These little furry friends manage to become so much larger in our lives than people realize. She needed you and repaid you with a wonderful experience of her lifetime of happy memories. It is always hard to say goodbye to hammies, since they have such brief lives and we are never ready for them to leave us. I am so sorry you've lost your Snowie, but I am happy you shared her life. Play well at the Rainbow Bridge, lovely white Snowbelle...send kisses to your humans with every snowflake that falls. :-(

Kubey
07-23-2014, 06:23 AM
Thanks guys, your kind words mean a lot. Certainly starting to feel better about not having her around, although it was mega difficult at first.

Not sure if I'm ready for a new Hammie just yet, seems like the void isn't ready to be filled just yet. I'm glad she is at peace and you guys have really helped.