PDA

View Full Version : Play on Benny.. Play on

spyro87
07-16-2014, 04:25 PM
I was going to post this at the end of my last thread about Benny.
but I decided a memorial would be a better way to celebrate his short, but love-filled life.

My little boy Benny has been poorly lately. :cry: just came out to check on little Benny...
he wasn't doing so great. he took a sudden turn for the worst.
I found him laying in his cage, squeaking softly, breathing shallow... I stroked his back offering some sense of comfort. He quietened at my touch and his eyes began to close.

He's away at the bridge now... my poor baby Benny. Im sure he went peacefully. at least, he looked peaceful as whatever illness or disease took him from me far too soon.

My sweet faced and funny baby Benny.
I first took you into my home as a rescue. I was so sure you were going to have a fantastic life here. spoilt and happy and healthy.

I hope your few days here were as lovely as you were and I am so so sorry you got so ill so fast that I couldnt save you. Play well Benny, show your new bridge hamily your Felix the cat impression, its a great ice breaker, my tiny ham-kitty.
know you were loved, in your final moments and every moment before.

play on baby Benny, play on.

my sweet boy
http://i1270.photobucket.com/albums/jj603/spyroprice87/IMG_1723_zps07b99f41.jpg

Esmy
07-16-2014, 04:28 PM
I'm so sorry Spyro! You did everything you could for him and Benny was a wonderful hamster!

oimysizex
07-16-2014, 04:28 PM
No way! So sorry spyro! Rip benny! Xx

Hekomi
07-16-2014, 04:30 PM
I am so sorry Spyro. You did everything you could. All my hugs. There are lots of hams for him to play with at the bridge xxx

kyrilliondaemon
07-16-2014, 04:36 PM
I'm really, really sorry Spyro :( You tried so hard with him and its a real shame his time has come so soon. For what its worth you gave him a good life, you showed him love, care and you will have made a massive difference to him in the time he knew you. He couldn't stay with you as long as we all hoped but he passed knowing good care, love and a really caring person.

Enjoy the bridge Benny

humfry
07-16-2014, 04:49 PM
So sorry to read that Benny has gone. Such short fragile little lives but my what an impression they make on us. Every hammy here gets quality if not quantity & you gave Benny all the happiness a hamster could wish for. Thank you for sharing him with us.

spyro87
07-16-2014, 04:56 PM
thanks everyone.. its odd how attached we can get in such a short time...
he will be missed..

DrKMcK
07-16-2014, 05:00 PM
Not fair! Not fair! I am so sorry this little baby has gone. At least he had you and good care for his very short time. This is so sad. :-( Play well at the Bridge Benny. :-(

spyro87
07-16-2014, 07:26 PM
youre right drkmck.
its not fair.
i imagine his last squeaks to be him calling out to friends yet unknown telling them all sorts of daredevilish stories :)

amie
07-17-2014, 05:09 AM
In memory of a very special boy.

Benny touched my heart. I am truly sad that he didn’t make it but spyro, you did your very best for him and you couldn't have done more for Benny than you did.

You gave Benny so much love and care.

It just wasn’t to be.

TraceyH
07-17-2014, 05:28 AM
This is a tragic story. You must be devastated!

Be proud that you rescued him and cared for him though. At least he knew what real love was in his short life.

spyro87
07-17-2014, 06:32 AM
I really hoped he would make it.. but as Amie said it simply wasnt to be.
the children and I said our goodbyes today and decorated a slab.
my only solace in all of this is that I know he is no longer poorly. My children were happy to know he had gone to a rainbow bridge to play with other hamsters :)
I was holding it together for their sake until my youngest piped up he couldn't wait for it to rain so we could see a rainbow in the sky and look for Benny on it.

Onwards to the Rainbow Bridge,
May you play well when you arrive.
Onwards to the Rainbow Bridge,
We'll keep your memory alive.

RIP baby Benny, Im sorry I couldnt do more x

Hekomi
07-17-2014, 06:38 AM
Your little one is wonderful, that brought tears to my eyes. What a beautiful tribute. It's so very sad, so very unfair, to lose them so young. Maybe he heard all the gorgeous ladies were up there, and wanted to see Sparkle, Nony and Cora as soon as he could. Or watch over Luna's little ones.

I truly believe you did everything you could for Benny. He was so special to you, and your children.

spyro87
07-17-2014, 07:11 AM
He was eager to show them all his cat impression I'm sure :P make Luna & Molly's little hammys giggle :D

He'd love being the centre of attention I'm sure lol

corrieberry
07-18-2014, 03:38 PM
I am so sad to hear this. Lots of love and sympathy to you all, there is a new star in the sky now.

souffle
07-24-2014, 06:18 AM
I am so sorry for your loss. He was too young to be taken and will be much missed.
Play well at the bridge Benny x

spyro87
07-24-2014, 07:47 AM
thankyou everyone.
ive been in such an odd spot since he left for the bridge.

I keep wanting another, but. it just feels wrong. like im. i dont know. replacing him?

DrKMcK
07-24-2014, 07:57 AM
Spryo, just take it as it comes. No hammy can ever be replaced by another, even if you wanted to. Another hammy's own personality would soon overcome the memories of a prior hammie and begin creating a relationship that would be new and different. There is no "right" time to get another hammy. It can be different for different people, and even different for one person at different times in your life. I've gotten a hammy within a week of another passing, and then, for example, my Coco, it took nearly a year for me to consider a new hammy...and it was HC that helped me to do it! Each person needs to do what feels right and comfortable for them. A hamster is waiting and will be there when you are ready. :-D Consider too...Benny has had such an impact on you that a hammie in your life is something that just...is. {hugs}

Stockannette
07-24-2014, 08:08 AM
So sorry. RIP Benny.

spyro87
07-24-2014, 08:14 AM
thankyou DrK. I appreciate you sharing your stories and words of wisdom :)
given much food for thought.
perhaps your right. if it feels ok in my heart to take on a new hammy into my ever growing hamily then maybe it really is ok.

in future I shall be careful where I source them and I may even consider moving on to dwarf varieties. but not hybrids. from the large chain store here.

Hekomi
07-24-2014, 09:05 AM
I know the feeling. When I went to get my refund for Nony (even doing that felt terrible) there was a litter of "calicos" and I so, so, so wanted one... but I didn't want to replace her, especially with the money I bought her initially with. Plus I didn't trust the store at that point.