PDA

View Full Version : Squabbles?

raindrop
09-16-2008, 12:21 PM
Having had them around three weeks now I have noticed their little squabbles.
Chasing, boxing, sqeaks etc
It seems that Raindrop the smaller one gets chased off everything by the larger Puddle.
There is two of everything! plenty of climb overs/hide unders and apart from a communal small food dish I do scatter food on all levels every day to be ensure that there is a food source to hand.

The do have a little house, a plastic one it reminds me of a clam shell the way it separates, and they do go in there together and seem to be okay with that. But would it be better to let them make their own bed ?

Is it something i have done wrong? Or is the chasing and the boxing all part of their 'charm'?

They don't appear to be biting, I am watching for that just in case.

Hana
09-16-2008, 01:54 PM
First off, there is nothing you have done wrong, Don't worry!
It sounds as though you have given them the best chance possible, scatter feeding, two of everything etc. You have done everything you can, it's just wether they will get along with each other.
If they are sleeping in the same house then it sounds as if Puddle hasn't completly rejected Raindrop, and as there is no biting perhaps it is just a little squabble; If they do start to make seperate beds don't interfere and leave them to sleep where they have made beds. I would just keep an eye out for any biting or signs of injury. Also make sure everytime you handle them they are both being handled, so they both have your scent on them and there is no arguments or jelousy.
Hope that helped, good luck and just keep an eye out! :)

raindrop
09-18-2008, 10:43 AM
Thanks for that!
It just seems that the smaller is being picked on, but for a while last night the tables turned, when Raindrop waylaid Puddle I don't know who was the most surprised, Puddle, me or Raindrop!

They are so entertaining especially to someone like me that is an insomniac!

Hana
09-19-2008, 02:26 PM
Hehe, glad they're keeping you entertained! :lol: