PDA

View Full Version : Hello

Demondog
09-28-2005, 08:51 AM
Hi, I'm from Scotland and became a hamster owner by accident.

I was looking for a companion for a lonely female mouse, and found that the pet shop I got her from in the first place was closing down. They were selling off their last hamsters in little glass tanks (18") for £10, the poor things. I couldn't just leave them, so I got two. One is a Syrian, called Sonic, and one a little white dwarf (probably Campbell's). Both are now rehoused, Bester in a Rody and Sonic in a Habitrail Space Station thing - I bought him a big 2' multilevel wire thing, and he hated it. Oh well.

few weeks later a workmate approached me and asked me if I'd take his dwarf hamster, as his 3 year old child was grabbing at the poor thing and making its life difficult. I agreed. He turned out to be a roborovski called Buzz. He's in a not-very-good wire cage, I am hoping to make him a bin soon.

Oh yeah, I'm from Scotland. I also have several mice, including rescues, pet shop (never again dammit) and co-owned fancy (show) mice who live in an assortment of bin cages, glass tanks and weird Habitrail-like things (I want to convert them all bins soon) and a lone rescue gerbil called Shogun, who lives in a glass tank topped by a wire bird cage.

hamster _hayley
09-28-2005, 09:14 AM
Hello! Welcome to Hamster Central

We'd love to see some pics of your animals! Especialy the hammies.

Emma
09-28-2005, 09:28 AM
Welcome to HC :)

Goodness, £10 for unwanted hamsters, they thought a lot of themselves! Sounds like you have quite a houseful of small furries :D it's great that you took on care of them all.

What colour is Sonic?

Demondog
09-28-2005, 09:58 AM
Sonic is cream, with cream-grey ears and black eyes.

The £10 included the tiny tank, I knew if I didn't take them and get them better cages they'd spend their lives in there. :(

SnuggleHam
09-28-2005, 11:24 AM
Welcome to the forum Demondog, I'm glad you decided to post an Introduction! We are glad to have you with us!

sarah
10-07-2005, 01:46 PM
Hello Demondog,

Welcome to the forum - you certainly sound like you have a busy household with all your furry friends :lol:

Glad you've joined us - you'll have to post some pics up of your friends :)