PDA

View Full Version : Duskmouse and Stitch

kyrilliondaemon
06-15-2014, 03:31 PM
I've been putting off posting this for a few days because I didn't have the words. I still don't really have the words for it but have decided its time I posted. As many knew, Duskmouse and Stitch had tumours and were living as a pair. Stitch's lump grew suddenly and she was rejected by her cagemates, when we separated Stitch we took Dusk with her for two reasons, firstly Dusk could provide company for her sister so that Stitch wasn't alone, secondly Dusk wasn't getting on perfectly with the others either. In time Dusk grew a lump too and we saw why she'd not been getting along perfectly with the others. The girls first lumps grew quickly and the vet confirmed they had cancer, but growth slowed and despite Dusk getting a second lump the girls stayed happy and surprisingly fit and healthy really.

The girls came to us as part of a trio, they were introduced to our group of six and seemed to love being part of the group of nine. Their sister Poppyseed died young when the group faced serious health issues in November, her death helped us find and solve the problem and gave Duskmouse and Stitch the treatment that helped keep them alive as long as they were. The girls both made the most of their lives, enjoying treats, snuggling with other mice, playing and doing everything else mice should. They both got a bit overweight but they were happy girls, even if their weight did make them a little less agile than the others in their group.

On Thursday the girls made that final vet trip together, Dusk's condition had deteriorated a lot overnight, she needed to go and it would've been unfair to ask Stitch to stay without her. The girls were only ten months old but they passed together and they made sure they'd enjoyed every minute of those ten months, they lived with their tumours for over two months and they carried on as normal right until the end.

RIP girls

Duskmouse
https://scontent-b-lhr.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xfp1/t1.0-9/p600x600/1380044_10203216335839070_2035599014_n.jpg

Stitch
https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpf1/t1.0-9/p600x600/1510437_10203216329798919_411161529_n.jpg

Hekomi
06-15-2014, 04:36 PM
Awh they are lovely. I'm so sorry to hear you lost them. It's lovely they got to be together at the end, and their sister's untimely death helped them and the rest of their friends get healthy again.

DrKMcK
06-15-2014, 07:27 PM
I remember when that happened back in November. Poppyseed mouse was gorgeous! I am glad that, at least, Duskmouse and Stitch had each other. I am sorry you lost these little ones. I know you work very hard to keep them all healthy. They were such pretty little mousies. Play well at the Bridge small furries. :-(

JBH316
06-16-2014, 06:38 AM
So sorry :(

souffle
06-16-2014, 07:43 AM
I am so sorry. They were beautiful and it was so sad that they had these tumours which cut short their lives. They were cared for and had a great life with you though which was a blessing.
Play well at the bridge Duskmouse and Stitch x

My Hammy Harriet
06-16-2014, 01:20 PM
I'm so sorry. It is sweet though that they were together until the very end. They were so sweet xxxx

Always remember, you'll see them again...

xxAmandaxx

fluffydd
06-21-2014, 09:20 AM
I'm so sorry that you had to say goodbye to Duskmouse and Stitch. I'm glad that they had each other. *Hugs*

Pompompoms
07-02-2014, 02:47 PM
Oh I'm so sorry, what gorgeous little ones they were. The tine they had with you was filled with love and good care exactly as it should be, play well little fluffs xx