PDA

View Full Version : Notifications

Skeever
05-31-2014, 09:00 AM
After asking on the boards and making doubly sure that I stopped getting notifications of every topic I comment on via email in the morning? I'm not sure what to do. I got a bunch as usual.

Can someone with SuperMod powers make sure I don't continue getting twelve emails about Pee every day. I'm interested but not THAT interested :P

People at work who don't mind their own business think I breed dwarf humans and pee in my food!

Feel free to root around in my account, just make it stop! lol

Peace

m00nbeam
05-31-2014, 09:15 AM
you go to user CP (top left) the down to edit options and one of the sections is 'Default Thread Subscription Mode' where you should find subscriptions with a drop down list. You then select whether you want weekly email notifications, daily or not at all ;) hope I helped as I had the same problem with receiving up to 20 emails a day !!

Skeever
05-31-2014, 09:38 AM
I think I did that already and today was the same. Do I need to get a drop down and unclick as well after disabling notifications? Its no the emails, its the HE PEED IN HIS HOUSE kinda headlines, lol...........

nibblet
05-31-2014, 09:42 AM
Try this:

Go to http://www.hamstercentral.com/community/subscription.php?do=viewsubscription

Tick the box next to the thread you want no emails for

At the bottom of the list is a drop down. Select the option you want (No emails, weekly, etc)

And press Go

I don't think m00nbeam's solution applies to already subscribed threads

Skeever
05-31-2014, 09:43 AM
Just changed it to NO SUBSCRIPTIONS.....is that the thing to do? I'll know tomorrow.

nibblet
05-31-2014, 09:45 AM
Just changed it to NO SUBSCRIPTIONS.....is that the thing to do? I'll know tomorrow.

You'll still receive emails for ones already subscribed to, I think. You may need to do what I said too :p

souffle
05-31-2014, 09:51 AM
You need to unsubscribe to the ones you are already subscribed to. It is only effective from when you start the no subscription mode on ones made since then.
The mods cannot do things in your control panel skeever as we do not have access to it.
Only fluffy or you can do it and he is a busy person.

souffle
05-31-2014, 09:55 AM
To do this you need to go in to your PM box. On the left side you will see a bit that says 'subscribed threads' click and go in to each one and delete it.

nibblet
05-31-2014, 10:05 AM
To do this you need to go in to your PM box. On the left side you will see a bit that says 'subscribed threads' click and go in to each one and delete it.

Easier to go to http://www.hamstercentral.com/community/subscription.php?do=viewsubscription

and press Empty Current Folder

:D

Skeever
05-31-2014, 10:17 AM
Thanks Niblet, just did that, hope it works.

Souffle: are you telling me mods don't have super powers? that us users can actually be rebels working for cats and hamster eating beasts and there is nothing admin can do about it? :P

(makes a note)

Now I just have to wait for foreign agents intent on using my CP and account......sigh. Images of Mr. Cat will see you now..... :D

Ziggy just threw a sunflower seed at me. I didn't even SAY that out loud! Clearly I am in this hamster thing way over my head.........