PDA

View Full Version : Spice rack

Esmy
05-28-2014, 07:47 AM
Ok, so not sure if this belongs in DIY since it's a re-purposed item, but I bought a spice rack turned up and put against Beanie's bin for a little added climbing. I put a few sunflowers on the steps last night and he did eat them. I found him this morning behind it (it's hollow) so I stuck a tube behind it so he doesn't get stuck. He loves it! It's his new hiding and sleeping place, and it's easier to find him than digging through bedding. lol

http://i58.tinypic.com/akz6nd.png

souffle
05-28-2014, 08:19 AM
The pic doesn't seem to be showing
Sounds like a good idea. Can you re add the pic?

BrainGirl
05-28-2014, 08:21 AM
That looks like a really neat idea!

Esmy
05-28-2014, 08:38 AM
Weird, I can see it. Sorry. I will re-add. :)

Thanks BrainGirl, can you see it? I did re-add it though.

Dave1995
05-28-2014, 09:31 AM
Looks good!

corrieberry
05-28-2014, 09:32 AM
This is such a fabulous idea! I have an old spice rack in storage, I'm going to dig it out right now :D

BrainGirl
05-28-2014, 09:33 AM
Yep, I can see it!

Esmy
05-28-2014, 09:38 AM
Thanks! I hope others find it useful. I don't see how it would work for a Syrian with the one I got, in the position it is in but it could maybe be used flat like it's intended.

racinghamster
05-28-2014, 09:41 AM
It strikes me as more of a `step` if laid flat? It could be used as a ramp/step depending on where it was leading to. :)

Esmy
05-28-2014, 09:43 AM
It strikes me as more of a `step` if laid flat? It could be used as a ramp/step depending on where it was leading to. :)

Yes, like a stepper for a tiny bowl on the top step or a step up to something (if laid flat). I wouldn't trust it to stand up by itself though unless leaning up against something or anchored somehow, but yeah it could also lead up to something when stood up too, like a tall shelf or a tall hammock perhaps.

I also considered buying two and putting them together, because then the hamster could actually climb to the top of it and then climb back down the other side. I don't have room in Beanie's bin for it though. He has too many other hiding toys in there that he needs.