PDA

View Full Version : ROBO Cage

Rian07
08-24-2008, 06:35 PM
I just got 2 robos today, and i got the critter trail 3 for them, some say not to get a wire cage like this, but they dont seem to be able to get through the bars, but is this a suitable cage for them, also they dont seem to drink the water, maybe this is just becasue i got them today.

souffle
08-25-2008, 05:29 AM
I'm not sure about this type of cage rian but if you think there is any chance they could get out I would suggest you keep the cage in a dry empty bath till you are sure it is secure. That way, if they do get out, they will be contained in the bath as they cannot climb the slippy sides. Make sure the plug hole is blocked but dont attach a chain as they may scale it. Most people like to keep robos in the tank type cages like the Rody or Gabber rex or lux. You can find reviews of cages in the cage review section.
Hammies, especially small ones, drink very little so it is barely noticable but you should check the bottle is low enough for them to reach and it works. Brush your finger lightly over the spout and make sure water comes out. Rub the spout with cucumber to attract them to the bottle so they can find it and give a little bit only of cucumber to provide fluid.
I am looking forward to meeting them when they are settled.

Rian07
08-25-2008, 08:18 AM
Thanks a lot. These ROBOS are so animated, one is on the wheel running for hours, or scaling the cage, and one is in the balcony clawing, and jumping at the top

daffee
08-26-2008, 05:30 AM
I'd be wary of using the Crittertrail 3 for robos as it's very high. Robos on the whole aren't great climbers and I'd be very worried about them injuring themselves either falling from the top of the cage or falling down the very long tubes :? I'm not sure if there's anyway to change the tubes so they aren't as long (I'm presuming you have ladders inside them?)? and maybe add something to break up big drops in the cage (eg a couple of little hammocks). If I were you I'd consider replacing the cage with something lower and longer.