PDA

View Full Version : Wilko's stopped stocking harry hamster?

joe14
08-22-2008, 04:27 AM
Went to wilko's today, went into the pet isle and they didnt have any harry hamster :cry: I looked all over and still didnt have it
they didnt have any other range of supreme foods either just their own wilko's brand food. I went to tesco's to see if they stock it
but they only stock tesco's own brand and the bettabuy or something brand so I got the tesco's own hamster food because I had to.
Can someone tell me if wilko's as stopped stocking harry hamster? anyone know? does anyone even feed tesco's own hamster food? Opinions please :mrgreen: So im not able to get harry hamster except from online, as the petshops in my area have all closed :cry:

souffle
08-22-2008, 02:27 PM
They still stock it in our store at the moment. They have however stopped doing cages and many of the accessories. I have heard that supreme are increasing all their prices accross the board so maybe they are waiting for new stock. They sell Harry in the pet section in Sainsburys Joe so I am sure you could get it there. Tesco will do in the meantime I guess but try and make the changeover slowly as their tummies get used to one brand.

joe14
08-23-2008, 02:17 AM
We dont have a sainsburry's here :( whats the difference between harry hamster and other foods :?:

souffle
08-23-2008, 05:09 AM
Harry is the only food which contains a prebiotic which helps maintain a healthy bowel flora Joe.

joe14
08-27-2008, 02:48 AM
Finally got a reply from wilko's.
------------------------------------------
Thank you for your email.

I can confirm that we do still stock the Harry Hamster food.

We have recently reviewed the pet section in stores and unfortunately some
stores are not stocking all pet accessories/foods.
These can still be purchased by asking at the help desk and they will be able to
order stock in for you.

I hope this assists you further.

Kind Regards
Jo Keeling
Customer Services

souffle
08-27-2008, 02:24 PM
Well that is a very helpful reply and nice to know they can still order it for you. I bought some today in ours :D Maybe you should order a few bags as once to save on trips in.

Jenni_08
09-21-2008, 02:07 PM
I noticed that Sainsbury's had their HH in a different packet to what I'm used to seeing - maybe that's what happened in Wilkos?!

liam4mail
10-03-2008, 06:22 PM
It is still in the two stores I live near (in Sheffield).

liam4mail
10-03-2008, 06:22 PM
Harry is the only food which contains a prebiotic which helps maintain a healthy bowel flora Joe.

Oh wow I never knew this!