PDA

View Full Version : R.I.P My Little Holly, I will miss you x

ChocolateCream81
05-09-2014, 03:52 PM
two days ago, I came home from school and you were wet under your chin. I thought it was just her water bottle and warmed her up. RH told me to take her to the vets, and I didn't, because I am a stubborn turd and thought everything was ok. Came back from training tonight and checked on her. She was cold and barely breathing. I brought her downstairs and put her on a hot water bottle in my hands. She was only taking a short gasp every ten seconds. I didn't know what to do. My dad told me to hold her and keep her warm. She took her last breath about an hour ago.

Holly, I got you for my sister for christmas, you were almost a year and a half old. You were one of the tamest hamsters I have ever met, and one of the sweetest. I feel terrible for not being able to do anything but I hope you are pain-free now.

Play well at the bridge little Holly-munch, eat as many mealworms as you can fit in your cheek pouches and more. Say hi to Guevara for me. :( xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

kyrilliondaemon
05-09-2014, 03:54 PM
I'm sorry for your loss :(
For what its worth the wet chin might not have been related to her death. We've had a ham soak her chin with her water bottle and be genuinely fine, it happens and does mean that you may have been right when you thought she was ok. Sometimes unexpected things happen and hams die anyway unfortunately :(

fluffydd
05-09-2014, 04:10 PM
I'm sorry that Holly left you xx

Denisekay
05-09-2014, 04:50 PM
I'm sorry about Holly, I hope she plays well at the bridge. :(

racinghamster
05-10-2014, 01:45 AM
So sorry you lost Holly ChocolateCream but don`t worry yourself over her passing. Without knowing the actual cause, she may have had something going on internally that would have taken her life anyway even if you had seen a vet. I rarely go near my vet unless it`s an emergency, so take heart that you done nothing wrong.

Remember the good times and I`m sure Holly had great time while she was with you. x

ChocolateCream81
05-10-2014, 03:00 AM
Thanks everyone, Holly took her last breath in my hands and is safe from everything now. :) xx

souffle
05-20-2014, 04:02 AM
I am so sorry for your loss :(
Play well at the bridge Holly xx