PDA

View Full Version : Catnip Ravioli!

BrainGirl
05-09-2014, 11:09 AM
"How does this relate to hamsters?!" you wonder? Well, sometime back I acquired a small bit of fluffy bedding and rather than waste it asked for some suggestions for what to do with it. Souffle said she stuffs her uber-cute knitted hamsters with it and that gave me the idea to stuff kitty toys. I only did a couple for friends' cats though and then ran out. Just the other day however a person I know bought a couple of gerbils and a hamster kit to go with them. I was the beneficiary of all the supplies they couldn't use, including 2 packages of fluffy bedding. One is the natural, unbleached cotton but the other is a vile fluorescent yellow. Yuck!

Anyway, sat down at my sewing machine and whipped up a bunch of catnip ravioli (or should I call them turnovers?) for the local cat rescue. I tried adding fringe to some of them but it's a lot of work and I'm not sure if I should bother. Still thinking about that.

In the meantime, my "dish" of catnip ravioli:D

Hekomi
05-09-2014, 01:53 PM
Adorable! I love how you included the sauce and everything. :)

Munchalot
05-09-2014, 02:31 PM
Thats so clever and cute! I bet the cats will love them. :D

Haha, agreeing with Hekomi. Completing the pic with Ragu and cheese. xD You make me laugh. x

Melainia
05-09-2014, 05:56 PM
My cat goes crazy for catnip! I bet the rescue kitties will love it :)

BrainGirl
05-09-2014, 08:58 PM
Hehe I was feeling kind of silly this morning:p Thanks guys!

Criceto_Hamstery
05-10-2014, 03:35 AM
Lol well done! :)

Stockannette
05-13-2014, 06:16 AM
I like the name ravioli - unless you felt like another photo shoot with some hot mustard or sweet and sour sauce, and you could call them crab rangoon. Hee hee.

BrainGirl
06-18-2014, 01:30 PM
Decided on a relaxing morning and to use up as much of my scrap fleece as possible and now I have about 200 catnip toys ready to stuff! To save time having to trim threads between each piece I just sew them one after another in a line and cut them apart after. It looks like a really colourful garland in the end so I draped it over a coathanger for the picture.

LOL Stockannette, they do look like crab rangoon when they're finished!:p

Colby and the Dwarfs
06-18-2014, 01:31 PM
This thread makes me hungry...:).

BrainGirl
06-24-2014, 10:40 AM
For anyone who's ever wondered what 50 catnip raviolis look like altogether, here you go:p There are 5 per square of floor tile. They don't look so impressive spread out like this but believe me, if you'd sewn these fiddly little things you'd be proud of yourself too:mad: