PDA

View Full Version : Rest In Peace Stormy <3

XMandaliena1995X
05-03-2014, 11:54 AM
Well Stormy has gone to Pet Heaven Today. She died from Wet Tail.... I went to the Pet Store to get her Medicine but when i got home it was to late she had already left me :'(. I had just buried her in my backyard. She had this for a day or 2. At first i thought she was just wet from her water bottle because her stomach and her face was wet but last night I smelled her and it smelled like poop so I knew she was having diarrhea. she was active while she was having it and today she was breathing but not moving and she was squeaking. I feel like this is my fault because I didn't do anything earlier :'(. This is my first time having a pet. I'm thinking about getting another one but I don't know.

CPalmer
05-03-2014, 12:04 PM
You can't feel bad about this. It's a sad but true fact that wet tail is so so quick. You can't beat yourself up over the fact that you didn't recognise it sooner, if she was active and you didn't notice a strong smell you can't blame yourself. Hammys are so good at covering how they feel.

RIP Stormy. I know she'll be guiding your hand and heart and if you find a hammy that calls to you then Stormy will have sent her to you.

Play well x

DrKMcK
05-03-2014, 12:10 PM
Oh, I'm so sorry this happened to little Stormy. She looked to be such a lovely little hammy. Wet tail can sometimes be really quick and it's not always recognized right away, especially if it's your very first pet. We, all of us learn over time. Give yourself a little time, but don't turn away from having another hammy. My sympathy for your loss. Play well at the Bridge Stormy. Run free sweetie :-(

humfry
05-03-2014, 12:14 PM
You must not blame yourself. Many years ago I lost my very first hamster Button to wet tail at 6 months. It happens so quick & my trip to the vet was in vain. It made me very wary of having another but fate intervened in a very short time as I saw an ad for a school hamster that no-one wanted to take home for the summer. It seemed that Button had willed me to see that ad & so Harris was quickly installed in the empty hamster home. You'll not forget Stormy & no hamster ever replaces a lost one in your heart but they all shuffle up a bit to make room for another.

As long as Stormy had a loving home her life was good even if short. She was luckier than a lot of hamsters we read about as she was cared for.

XMandaliena1995X
05-03-2014, 12:15 PM
Thanks my sisters thinks its a good thing she died while I was gone so I don't have to watch her die. And they're taking me out to dinner to get my mind off of her.

fluffydd
05-03-2014, 12:50 PM
I'm sorry that Stormy left you xxx

Bec
05-03-2014, 12:57 PM
So sorry for your loss, run free little Stormy. x

souffle
05-20-2014, 03:56 AM
I am sorry for your loss :(
Play well at the bridge Stormy xx

souffle
05-20-2014, 03:56 AM