PDA

View Full Version : I nearly lost them both - part 2 !!

karmawitch
08-13-2008, 10:59 AM
So when I get up this morning, I go into the room they are in to check on them ............... the cage door is open :shock: :shock: :shock:

I utter a few expletives, and then frantically look in the cage - no sign of them, ok deep breath, look again - one is in the bottom of one of the tubes, the other one I *think* is in her wooden house, but flat on her back, shallow breathing and feels cool to touch. Oh no, please no I say, dismantle the cage, take hamster house out, when hammie comes popping out and looking at me like 'what's all the fuss about'?

Breath another sigh of relief. *must be more careful in future*, although to be honest, I really wasn't well yesterday !

I take it that when they sleep, it's like hibernating, so they conserve their energy?

souffle
08-13-2008, 01:48 PM
Ours often sleep on their backs and we panic and think they have popped off but then they suddenly wiggle up :D I think WW are veru sound sleepers actually as ours take ages to rouse too :D

happysaz133
08-14-2008, 10:22 AM
That would have been scary! I've never known a hammy to sleep so still on their backs.

My dogs sometimes freak me out, I swear, greyhounds are lazy even breathing. My old girl, she's forever scaring me, I'm convinced she's died!