PDA

View Full Version : Goodnight Biscuit

Kay_zee
08-12-2008, 11:48 AM
Unfortunately today was a one way trip to the vets for Biscuit. It was confirmed that she had Pyometra, and it was therefore clear that Biscuit would not recover, only deteriorate further.

I kept a close eye on her today, as her breathing was really laboured and she struggled to go to sleep. She slowly was wandering aimlessly around the cage and after awhile I got her out to comfort her. She sat quietly on my arm for ten minutes looking at me, before steadily walking up from my arms. I knew she was telling me that she no longer wished to fight. She stopped, tickled me around my face with her nose and whiskers for awhile as if to be saying goodbye. It's never an easy decision, but Biscuit made it as easy as she could.

She was a hamster that was full of life, a fighter and a friend to anyone who would give her some fuss. I hope she enjoyed her life with us. She certainly was priceless to me. I would like to say a big thank you for everyone that has shown support and given me advice during a tough week.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y55/Kay_zee/th_Video9.jpg (http://s3.photobucket.com/albums/y55/Kay_zee/?action=view&current=Video9.flv)

The eccentric baby
With a timid streak
Comes to call her home
With a hamster geek

In a huge mansion
With pretty views
Waking the house
On bars she chews

Free in her play pen
Scaling up the wall
Jumping back down
Away she crawls

The on looking eyes
Watch her as she plays
Greeting them all
With her public displays

The one sure fire thing
That’ll make me smile
And that alone
Makes it worthwhile

A special friendship
For it lasts a lifetime
Until away you slip
Into a final dream

Sleep well Little Miss

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y55/Kay_zee/BiscuitBeggingmb.jpg

Biscuit 10/10/06-12/08/08

suga
08-12-2008, 11:54 AM
Kayzee such beautiful words for a beautiful girl. She has brought you so much happiness and you have given her the best care that was possible. I'm sorry that she had to go but I am delighted that Biscuit gave you a whiskers kiss goodbye and her own special thank you.

Rest in peace little miss :cry:
hugs to you hun
sugax

pophammy
08-12-2008, 12:22 PM
What a beautiful poem for a beautiful hamster. :cry: R.I.P little one.

leedsgurl
08-12-2008, 01:37 PM
What a lovely tribute to Biscuit, rest in peace x

souffle
08-12-2008, 02:34 PM
I am so sorry to hear of the loss of little Biscuit. She has left her memories deep in your heart Kayzee and will always be with you. Play well at the bridge little miss.
A beautiful tribute for a beautiful lady
R.I.P. Biscuit :(

happysaz133
08-12-2008, 02:35 PM
I am so very sorry to hear the news about little Biscuit. Rest peacefully sweet girl. :cry:

jayne
08-12-2008, 05:22 PM
I am ever so sorry to hear about Biscuit kayzee :cry:
She has definately left a paw print on your heart and left you with some wonderful everlasting memories to cherish

RIP Biscuit, run free xx

Spacemonkey
08-12-2008, 08:55 PM
I know how you feel, I lost my Romy to Pyometra and it was awful :(

Rest in peace Biscuit, gone but never forgotten x

Emma1978
08-13-2008, 03:46 AM
R.I.P Biscuit. :(

arikata
08-13-2008, 08:09 PM
I am so sorry to hear this after following her progress on a previous thread :( I had my fingers crossed for the little gal, it's clear to see that she was very close to your heart.

Rest in peace little soul,

Katy x

Spuds Mum
08-14-2008, 02:47 AM
what a wonderful tribute to a beautiful little girl. I am so sorry to hear of your loss.

sleep well little Biscuit xx

Kay_zee
08-14-2008, 02:53 AM
Thanks you for all your kind words. It's really helped to have such support and realise that I did what was needed and ultimately the right thing.

It's a little harder because now I know with being at university for the next two years, I can't expect anyone to look after a hamster, which would normally help me through, so instead of thinking to the future positives I'm analysing the past too much (for instance Biscuit fell from the vet's hands, not far at all, but it shocked me a little and then makes me wonder if it happened again once we'd left).

My boyfriend has kindly said that if he can make it down the weekend after, then Poppet can stay with me for a week, as my mum and husband are going on holiday soon and I said I would look after my younger brother, but obviously with the circumstances that will be a lonely 10 days.

With Poppy and others I've been able to do something small as a tribute, for instance I have Californian Poppies in the garden which are such bright colours, so I've decided I'm going to do what I've thought about doing for awhile. Research health and genetics and write my own little book. The two years should be a suitable time frame for it.

In the meantime, Biscuit has helped my mum catch the hamster bug and she is thinking that in the future she would want one herself (after Christmas). There are no breeders in the area that we can find, so I have offered that when she decides she does want one, to tell me and I'll look at the breeders which are close to me first.

And of course I'll be sticking around. :)

Teacake
08-18-2008, 02:00 AM
Rest in Peace little Biscuit xxxx