PDA

View Full Version : Toffee has left Almond alone :cry:

DrKMcK
04-20-2014, 11:39 AM
I went in to see my dwarfies, Toffee & Almond a little while ago. Almond came out but, no Toffee. After talking to Almond for a bit I realized something was wrong. They never not come out when I am in their cage. I looked under the bridge and picked up the house, no Toffee. Then I saw him. They had been sleeping together and Toffee had passed in his sleep. I was going to have him in the vet tomorrow or Tuesday because he had started making these chattery sounds yesterday. He was eating and drinking, but I'd never heard him make that noise. Whatever it was, it was fast. Little Almond apparently stayed with him, even after he had died. I just had Almond out for a bit with me. I will clean the cage out for him in a little while. Toffee was the one who tamed first and I could hold him without getting bit. Almond has just started to be handled without biting. I will miss my little Toffee and I think Almond will too. The boys never hurt each other since the day I got them, for which I am so happy. But I won't do pairs anymore. It's just too stressful to always be wondering if they would fall out. Now Almond has that big cage all to himself. Play well at the Bridge Toffee. I will miss your little face looking at me and having you climb up on the bridge to have me take you out to play. I will bury you with the Morning Glories little man :-(

BrainGirl
04-20-2014, 11:41 AM
Oh I'm so sorry! Goodbye little Toffee, you'll be missed. Hugs to Almond and DrKMcK while they mourn your loss x

Colby and the Dwarfs
04-20-2014, 11:43 AM
Oh DrK; a few minutes ago I was looking to see who was on. I clicked in your name and it said,

"Current Activity: Creating Thread Memorials" .

My heart stopped. I'm so, so sorry that little Tofee left you. Those dwarfies may be small, but they sure leave big pawprints on your heart. Xxxxx

icklemunch
04-20-2014, 11:52 AM
Oh no! I am so sorry :(

What a wonderful life he had with you and Almond of course. He was gorgeous.

Sleep tight Toffee x

Kiki_3173
04-20-2014, 12:39 PM
Oh no DrKMck:-). I am so sorry to hear that little Toffee has left you and Almond. He began a wonderful life the day he came into your home. He was lucky to have the time he did with you. You will be missed, little Toffee!

Play well, run free, sleep tight. xxxx

Clairealex
04-20-2014, 12:47 PM
I'm so sorry Toffee has left you DrK :(

He was very loved and had such a wonderful life. Hugs to you and Almond.

Sleep tight Toffee xx

fluffydd
04-20-2014, 12:48 PM
Oh no. Poor little Toffee. He was a lovely boy. Sorry he's left you and Almond. I hope you are both doing ok xxx

ANGELBABIES
04-20-2014, 12:50 PM
So sorry DrK on your loss and Almond's. Run free little Toffee fluff. So glad he had a lovely caring home with you. Love n hugs to you and Almond xx

shoshannah
04-20-2014, 12:56 PM
My heart sank when i realised he had passed. So very sorry to hear, you and Almond can stick together. Chin up O:)x

Bec
04-20-2014, 12:56 PM
Oh DrK, I am so sorry for your loss. Toffee was very much loved and cared for.
Run free little Toffee.
Thinking of both you and Almond x

Sbramman
04-20-2014, 01:07 PM
Sorry for your loss. RIP Toffee x

Truffle
04-20-2014, 02:55 PM
I am so so sorry for your and Almond's loss. Toffee had a wonderful life.

Sleep tight little one xx

SinNyx
04-20-2014, 03:16 PM
I am so sorry...I can't imagine how it is to lose one of a pair as I have never owned a pair, but I know how much they both meant to you, and how much that still will be, even though Toffee has left for the bridge.
I hope little Almond continues to do well, and you too, it never gets any easier to lose a little one, but I hope having Almond will give you some comfort, along with your other little pets!

Sweet dreams little man, you had such a loving, wonderful life x

souffle
04-20-2014, 03:17 PM
I am so very sorry to hear of your loss DrK
Toffee was a real sweetheart and I so enjoyed hearing about him in your threads and especially the month thread. It sounds as if he was taken very quickly but in some ways that is a blessing and I know Almond must have been there to comfort him on his path.
Play well at the bridge Toffee and send a rainbow to your mum x

Munchalot
04-20-2014, 03:39 PM
Oh no... :( DrK, I am so, so very sorry that little Toffee has left you. What a gorgeous little wee ham he was, and he had such a fantastic life.
I hope you are okay. And Almond too. xx

Sleep tight Toffee. *Hugs* to both you and poor Almond. I hope he isn't lonely. :( xx

m00nbeam
04-20-2014, 11:59 PM
So sorry x play well at the rainbow bridge little one x I hope almond is doing okay...

evel_lin
04-20-2014, 11:59 PM
I'm so sorry :( He had a wonderful life with you and Almond

SquishyHelium
04-21-2014, 01:06 AM
I am so sorry to read this, how very sad. I hope you are coping ok and Almond isn't too distraught with losing his buddy. Thinking of you xx

jemmalg
04-21-2014, 01:57 AM
Oh DrK, I'm so sorry. Sending hugs to you and Almond.

Sleep well beautiful Toffee xxx

Hekomi
04-21-2014, 05:21 AM
I saw this on the Tweeses and immediately rushed over. Oh little Toffee, I am so sorry. It's nice to her he was with Almond until the end. :( let us know how Almond is. One of my biggest worries is if one of our boys passes before the other. I imagine Almond must be a bit out of sorts... And so would you! Sending all my hugs from Canada. I'm so sorry your little Toffee passed on to the bridge.

Mocha and Caramel send their love to both boys. Play well little Toffee, maybe he can watch over Java's little ones and teach them how to be sweet and cute. Xx

JBH316
04-21-2014, 05:28 AM
I am so sorry to hear about Toffee :(

Gentle squishes for Almond - I hope he adjusts well to being by himself

DexterChloe
04-21-2014, 07:32 AM
DrK I'm so so sorry.
Rip little man. Keep an eye on your momma and bro from up there.
Xx

DrKMcK
04-21-2014, 08:00 AM
Thank you everyone for your comments and support. It's one thing when I know it's coming, like with Patches, but, out of the blue like Toffee is shocking. Almond seems to be fine. I want a hamster that lives for 6-10 years please. :-(

Syrian Hammy
04-21-2014, 08:15 AM
I'm so sorry Toffee has left you and Almond. He had a fantastic forever home with you.

Sleep tight little one. X

AmyHague
04-21-2014, 10:02 AM
Aw I'm so sorry to hear about little Toffee, it is so hard when it happens so fast and unexpected :(

R.I.P little ham x

Dotty
04-21-2014, 11:36 AM
Oh I am so sorry to hear your news x

Gazmo
04-21-2014, 11:46 AM
i am so so sorry! :( poor toffee! :'( run free little one, he was a gorgoeus little member of the HC familly and we will all miss him :( im so sorry, Hugs to you and Almond :( xxx

kimlck
04-21-2014, 02:13 PM
Sorry for your loss DrK and Almond.
Play well n run free Toffee x

racinghamster
04-22-2014, 10:14 AM
Really sad for you DrKMcK, it`s never easy losing a little one in such sudden circumstances. Especially when they have a cage mate. You will be there for little Almond with plenty of cuddles. x

jesselle
05-10-2014, 09:50 AM
sorry to hear about little toffee. sleep tight xx

SocksnPheobe
05-10-2014, 11:26 AM
So sorry for your loss:( Toffee was a loved an spoiled hamster. Run free little Toffee and have fun playing at the bridge. Sending my thoughts to both you and Almond during this difficult tim.

RachK
05-19-2014, 09:59 AM
DrKMcK I am so sorry to hear this very sad news, I haven't been here for a while so have just seen this. :( RIP little Toffee

Zoopism
05-20-2014, 01:56 AM
R.I.P Toffee, much loved and cared for x
Are you ok?

hikaru
05-20-2014, 02:50 AM
Such a beautiful boy <3
I'm so sorry for your loss. :(

By the edge of a woods, at the foot of a hill,
Is a lush, green meadow where time stands still.
Where the friends of man and woman do run,
When their time on earth is over and done.

For here, between this world and the next,
Is a place where each beloved creature finds rest.
On this golden land, they wait and they play,
Till the Rainbow Bridge they cross over one day.

No more do they suffer, in pain or in sadness,
For here they are whole, their lives filled with gladness.
Their limbs are restored, their health renewed,
Their bodies have healed, with strength imbued.

They romp through the grass, without even a care,
Until one day they start, and sniff at the air.
All ears prick forward, eyes dart front and back,
Then all of a sudden, one breaks from the pack.

For just at that instant, their eyes have met;
Together again, both person and pet.
So they run to each other, these friends from long past,
The time of their parting is over at last.

The sadness they felt while they were apart,
Has turned into joy once more in each heart.
They embrace with a love that will last forever,
And then, side-by-side, they cross over… together.

Teddy001
05-20-2014, 11:34 PM
I'm so sorry to hear of you loss of Toffee.. May you play and run free at the bridge, little Toffee. Almond had such a wonderful cagemate friend.. and you Toffee was sure lucky to have you as his mommy.. RIP Toffee.. hugs to you, xx