PDA

View Full Version : Diy toys

shoshannah
04-18-2014, 09:34 AM
This includes cardboard and willow to make the toys.

humfry
04-18-2014, 09:44 AM
Fabulous!!

RedSky
04-18-2014, 11:40 AM
I love the house, what a great idea.

shoshannah
04-18-2014, 12:32 PM
I love the house, what a great idea.

It's so simple, easy and effective!:p

shoshannah
04-18-2014, 12:33 PM
Fabulous!!

\\:D/ Thank you

humfry
04-18-2014, 01:19 PM
Somehow it seems OK for hammies to eventually chew & destroy stuff if you've made it for pennies rather than spent pounds on plastic mass produced toys. I almost want my next hammy to destroy stuff so I will have the pleasure of making new things. Your cardboard & willow creation is like a Hansel & Gretel gingerbread house. I'll definitely be copying that idea!

shoshannah
04-19-2014, 03:14 AM
Somehow it seems OK for hammies to eventually chew & destroy stuff if you've made it for pennies rather than spent pounds on plastic mass produced toys. I almost want my next hammy to destroy stuff so I will have the pleasure of making new things. Your cardboard & willow creation is like a Hansel & Gretel gingerbread house. I'll definitely be copying that idea!

Exact same thoughts as me! I was searching for toys on p@h and thought i could try make them myself! It's bundles fun and addictive, i've not stopped making bits. Can't wait for him to chew his way through these so i can rebuild them!:)

Zoopism
05-04-2014, 03:30 AM
Absolutely amazing! I will have to have a go myself!
How did you make it so sturdy? :P

shoshannah
05-04-2014, 04:57 AM
Absolutely amazing! I will have to have a go myself!
How did you make it so sturdy? :P

great! the house is glued together and then to fit it to the other floors i made small holes in the roofs/ floors and pushed the willow sticks through. I done a few so that is would hold and thats worked fine. the upside down picture(sorry about that) i cut lots of rectangles out of cardboard and attached them together with glue and it made a stand for the floor and roof above it. This is a really sturdy way to do it :) willow sticks you can get a metre long little kind of fence from poundland.

Zoopism
05-06-2014, 12:20 PM
What glue did you use? I don't want to use the non hammie friendly kind! :P

shoshannah
05-06-2014, 12:47 PM
What glue did you use? I don't want to use the non hammie friendly kind! :P

i did actually use normal pva glue! I didn't want to but couldn't find any other at the time. But i did take extra care in assuring that all the glue wasn't on show and that there was no excess. My hammie doesnt chew so its fine. But if you are looking for glue i think the highly recommended one is elmer's glue. Its non toxic and child friendly!