PDA

View Full Version : Seperating mum from babies-time?

i-love-paddy
09-20-2005, 09:47 AM
I was going to seperate babies tomorrow from Daisy - they will be 28 days tomorrow. I've checked checked on them all and seen Daisy fighting with a couple - whether this is play fighting I don't know. I'm thinking she is getting fed up. I'm worried that I may wake up tomorrow and find some injured/dead babies.

Am I worrying unduly? You know what I'm like!

PJ
09-20-2005, 09:51 AM
as long as they are eating solids and drinking on their own you should be fine to take them out today if you are worried a day early wont make any difference if they are all weaned. any you are concerned about ie runts leave in for a few more days

babyboos
09-20-2005, 10:04 AM
Hi Emma I never leave the whole litter in past 28 days as mums do get fed up by this point. I will leave the smaller hamsters if I feel they need it, or if there is only one of a particular sex until 28 days max. My advise is if you are at all concerned is to get them out - they will be absolutely fine without her.

i-love-paddy
09-20-2005, 10:25 AM
I think I will do that then. the only thing is this morning I checked on Queenie (pup I'm keeping) and her bum was all wet. I went into panic mode, cleaned the cage out,c hecked all the siblings. I've checked on her again and she is definately doing hard poo's so I'm thinking she may have sat on some wee or something? so I didnt want any extra stress on the babies. Queenie's bum is drying up so I'm hoping she is ok.