PDA

View Full Version : Home offered in Scotland

emerr7
04-10-2014, 02:23 AM
;)As a dedicated hamster lover, I want to offer a loving home to a rescue hammy ( now I have gotten over loosing my last wee friend to old age).
Does anyone know of anyone needing homes for hammys in Scotland?
I have been keeping an eye on local SSPCA ( have adopted from them before) but nothing for ages.
I have a huge homebuilt house which could house two related hammys.
thanks Emma

Sammypoo
04-10-2014, 02:49 AM
What about pets at home adoption I am also in Scotland and there was no hamsters close enough to me in the sspca when I was looking for donkey so ended up adopting from pets at home

Clairealex
04-10-2014, 07:24 AM
Id say pets at home adoptions are your best pet. Although on the sspca website there are a few Syrians needing a new home. Most are in Ayrshire or Lanarkshire, so it depends where you are. I'm Glasgow and both Lanarkshire and Ayrshire are within reasonable travelling distance!

racinghamster
04-14-2014, 05:59 AM
Hiya, I`m also in Scotland! I agree with the previous members about Pets At Home`s adoption area, but if you have a large purpose build habitat, it may not be wise to house a pair together in case the cage allows them to become territorial if it has different levels or areas.

You could go for a single Russian dwarf or a Syrian. Roborovski are very speedy little things so if you have never had one, you may want to consider the habitat you have first as robos are not good climbers.

Chinese hamsters are good climbers are love digging. pets At Home usually have Chinese hamsters in their adoption areas but these hamsters are more mouse-like and shyer, so it depends what sort of personality you are after. Good luck with your search. :)

Oh and try Gumtree?