PDA

View Full Version : Tubes

Dotty
04-09-2014, 03:23 AM
Why do tubes and rings cost so much money? It will end up costing a lot more than I wanted to spend, seems silly when the storage box only costs six pounds, just to add another level to Fluffy's cage! So frustrating!!

Truffle
04-09-2014, 03:27 AM
I know, they do cost a lot don't they :( Have you tried looking on secondhand websites like eBay and preloved? -Sometimes if you are lucky you can find a bundle of tubes quite cheap and all you need to do is disinfect them.

Dotty
04-09-2014, 08:34 AM
Has anyone ever used a cardboard tube to connect two cages together? I have a very long, thick, wide poster tube and was thinking I could perhaps use it inside the cages to connect an upstairs with downstairs cages. Have it at the back against the wall and keep it very long so a gently incline up to the top. What do you think?

Scampi16
04-09-2014, 08:41 AM
Has anyone ever used a cardboard tube to connect two cages together? I have a very long, thick, wide poster tube and was thinking I could perhaps use it inside the cages to connect an upstairs with downstairs cages. Have it at the back against the wall and keep it very long so a gently incline up to the top. What do you think?

If you are connecting two cages together (i.e the tubes would be outside of the cages and not enclosed within the cage(s) ) I would not recommend using a cardboard tubes even if it was a very thick / sturdy one as it is susceptible to damage, hamster could chew through and escape, the claws would also weaken the tube when they are running up/down it and if they weed in it making it wet it would both smell badly and could be weakened, there would be a great possibility of escape, plus I think it could be hard to secure the cardboard tube to the two cages. if using only inside a single closure to access a level or through the base of a bin cage to a bin cage underneath then that could work as long as no part of the tube is not enclosed within a secure enclosure/cage.

Dotty
04-09-2014, 09:34 AM
Yes it would be inside the whole time.