PDA

View Full Version : advice for diy project

tford
04-08-2014, 08:47 AM
I was just wondering about supplies for diy projects, my daughter wants her cage pink and purple shes all girl. Is scrapbook paper safe to use around them, i was going to cover the hidey that im making. Didnt know about the ink on it.Any suggestions is welcome
;)

cutiehamster
04-08-2014, 09:17 AM
Not sure if what you're trying to colour is wood or not but if it is the fast dry enamel plasti-kote is pet safe when dry and you can get it in loads of colours :D make sure it's the waterbased one though and not solvent based. Something like this Plasti-Kote Fast Dry Enamel Paint Night Blue 59ml at wilko.com (http://www.wilko.com/plastikote-bottle-59ml-night-blue/invt/0076440)
:)
Edit: Just realised your location says kentucky. Sorry I don't think you can get plasti-kote in america. Have a look around and see if you can see a wood treatment that says "harmless to pets and plants when dry" or something along those lines :)

Esmy
04-08-2014, 09:28 AM
What material is the hidey like? If it's wood, you can use a non-toxic craft paint like Apple Barrel (found at Walmart, Michaels, etc). Safe glues would be Elmer's and Mod Podge. I'm not sure if printed paper is ok. :)

tford
04-08-2014, 09:42 AM
I have tons of apple barrel paint thanks for the replies didn't know you could use it.

Esmy
04-08-2014, 10:03 AM
It doesn't say it on the bottle I don't think, but their website says they are non-toxic.