PDA

View Full Version : Barney(rooster) and Panther(rooster)

Colby and the Dwarfs
04-03-2014, 02:36 PM
Barney: My beloved 2 year old star-of-the-flock rooster, Barney, has left for the rainbow bridge. His condition slowly deteriorated until my sweet boy was so sick he couldn't take it anymore and passed.

He was the happiest little chick. Bouncing around and chirping, he could make anyone smile! He grew up to be an incredibly large rooster, nearly 2x the size of some of his female counterparts.

He had a few chicks, all went to amazing homes. He got into a few fights with Bobcat and Comb, two of my other roosters, but he always seemed to be submissive, even though he was bigger than Comb. Until Comb tried to hurt Bobcat, then he got a piece of Barney's mind!

He wasn't that smart. I'll admit that. But he was the biggest teddy bear you could ask for, and I adored him for it. Play well at the bridge, Barney.

Panther: I didn't know you long, little guy. I do know that your dad, Bobcat, is an amazing rooster and you were his clone!

Panther was only hatched in July, and had just joined his dad's flock with his mother, sisters, and dad when a bobcat broke through the fencing and took my little boy. We have caught and relocated that bobcat, hopefully that will prevent anything else happening. It was devastating, Panther. I hope you know that I'd change it if I could. See you soon boy. Xoxoxo

fluffydd
04-03-2014, 03:06 PM
I'm really sorry that you've lost Barney and Panther. It sounds like they were great boys. I'm glad you were able to relocate the bobcat. Hope all the others stay safe xxx

DrKMcK
04-03-2014, 05:45 PM
I'm sorry you lost these two pets Colby. I know you really love all your animals. You certainly take wonderful care of them. I applaud you for relocating the bobcat. Although it's so sad that he took the young rooster, he was only doing what comes by instinct. I hope he stays away. I can't tell you how much your posts about your animals have taught me. If there is a chicken area by the bridge, that where these two are. So play well little roosters. :-(

Teddy001
04-03-2014, 10:36 PM
Colby- I'm so sad and sorry to hear about your beloved Barney and Panther.. RIP- Barney & Panther- how missed you both are- play well at the bridge..

souffle
04-16-2014, 09:53 AM
That is very sad :( I'm so sorry :(
Play well at the bridge Barney and Panther x