PDA

View Full Version : Minnie and Lily

leedsgurl
03-29-2014, 08:44 AM
It has been very hard for us recently here at the Leeds household, as our 2 oldest ladies passed over within a few weeks of each other. Both Minnie and Lily were from the 'Dexpops' litter in 2011 (and sisters of Souffle's Primrose.) They both just gradually slowed down, and were sleeping more and more, until they passed peacefully in their sleep. Although it's still upsetting, I am grateful that their passing was gentle and pain free.

Minnie
Minnie was the last of my banded hammies, and as she was like a 'mini' version of our first ever hamster Stewie, that's how she got her name. She was the only banded one in the litter and we just had to keep her. She was also very clever, and was the only one to learn to jump onto my hand to get cuddles, which she still did up until she was too weak to climb up onto her house in her cage.

Even though you had a little pointy face and you were so dainty, I'll never forget you Minnie, you were so special in many ways.
http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii319/leedsgurl_photos/MAH/84bf699f-c357-4f87-8d76-1bc7cd83a7bb.jpg

Lily
We didn't initially plan to keep Lily, but as she was one of the last ones to be homed, we grew to love her even more and she stole our hearts. She was a little bit naughty at first when she moved into a cage on her own, as she would give you a gentle nibble if she got fed up of being cuddled and wanted to go back! she did grow out of it though, and became such a soft and gentle girl, who would always rush up to the front of her cage to greet you.

I'll miss you Lily, my shiny fluffy girl. Play well with your sisters at the bridge.
http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii319/leedsgurl_photos/MAH/20120128_7.jpg

xxx

icklemunch
03-29-2014, 09:23 AM
So sorry for your loss.

Minnie and Lily were both absolutely beautiful!!

Sleep tight girls x

souffle
03-29-2014, 09:51 AM
I am so sorry to hear of your losses. I know how hard it is xx
I'm sure they are all reunited at the bridge and will be waiting for us one day.
Play well Minnie & Lily and look after each other x

racinghamster
03-29-2014, 09:52 AM
Both beautiful Syrians leedsgurl, so very sad to hear they have slipped away. Rest in peace girls. x

fluffydd
03-29-2014, 05:10 PM
I'm sorry that Minnie and Lily both left you. They were gorgeous girls. *Hugs*

DrKMcK
03-29-2014, 08:22 PM
Oh my. Minnie looks just like Primrose. How sad to lose two so close together. But I know that all 3 of these hams were very well loved and very well cared for. All 3 sisters are at the Bridge now. Play well little ladies and think about your humans who will miss you. {hugs} Leedgurl. I am so sorry :-(

Scoobysue
03-30-2014, 03:15 AM
I am so very sorry to hear that you've lost these beautiful sisters.

Play well at the bridge, gorgeous girls all x

Truffle
03-30-2014, 05:53 AM
I am very sorry for your loss and that they have both passed on.

xx Sweet dreams little ones xx

Munchalot
04-02-2014, 12:41 PM
I'm so sorry for your loss. :( So terrible that you had to say goodbye to them both, so close together.

They were both absolutely beautiful girlies, and could not have asked for a better home or a more fantastic life. These spoilt little ladies will all be together at the bridge now, happy and at peace. They will be sorely missed. x

Sleep tight gorgeous girls. xx

ANGELBABIES
04-02-2014, 01:27 PM
I am sorry for the pain you are having to go through losing two precious little ones. Play well little fluffs, look after each other xxx

HammieandMerlin
04-02-2014, 01:32 PM
Such gorgeous girls, I am truly sorry for your loss <3

Colby and the Dwarfs
04-03-2014, 06:28 AM
So sorry for your loss xxxx

Rosebud
04-03-2014, 06:37 AM
:sad: I'm sorry you've lost the girls :sad: Lots of kisses from Nephew Basil

basilthehammy
04-03-2014, 03:34 PM
So sorry to hear