PDA

View Full Version : Sweet dreams Biscuit 10/06/2011 - 24/03/2014

sparklyfluff
03-24-2014, 03:39 PM
Biscuit was one of my first home bred babies as well as our last remaining hamster, and as of last week I believe he was also the last surviving from his litter. He'd got to the grand old age of 2 years 9 months and been doing fine but recently a tumor appeared and for the last few days this had been affecting his ability to use his back legs, he started struggling to get about and even to eat comfortably and so I made the difficult decision to have him PTS today.

Even now I worry about whether i've made the right decision or not as he was still always happy to see us but he can't have been comfortable anymore and his quality of life was dwindling, the vet assured me I was doing the right thing but it's never easy :(

I always get upset over losing any of my ham's but Biscuit was special in so many ways being a home bred baby and our last surviving hamster I feel awful and so empty already.

Sweet dreams Biscuit, run free at the bridge with your mum, dad, brothers and sisters xx

Mrs Livingston
03-24-2014, 04:37 PM
I'm so, so sorry for your loss. A decision that is informed and that which came from love is the right decision.

It's never easy, but you did the right thing.

Play well, little one. Much love. X

Scoobysue
03-25-2014, 02:11 AM
I'm so very sorry for your loss sparklyfluff. It was a difficult decision but as Mrs Livingston says, a decision made out of love will be the right one.

Lovely Biscuit, play well at the bridge x

DrKMcK
03-25-2014, 05:21 AM
Having a hammy born and bred in your home creates a connection that is different from other hams. You remember from the time they were wiggly newborns, babies who scrambled out of the nest, trying to avoid mama, discovering the water bottle and mama's food, tusseling with siblings and meeting the human's hand for the first time. Watching them grow into a teen and then a nice comfortable adult who knows you well. Seeing the signs of aging and wishing you could go back, just a little bit...knowing that the time is approaching when this little ham will have to leave. Seeing the little old ham beginning to struggle and...then having to say good-bye. The life of a home bred ham from start to finish has many, many memories. Cherish them as you cherished Biscuit. I am so sorry you lost him. Play well at the Bridge Biscuit. :-(

kyrilliondaemon
03-25-2014, 04:17 PM
I'm sorry for your loss :(

Colby and the Dwarfs
03-25-2014, 07:28 PM
I'm so sorry:(

Play well at the bridge:(

Truffle
03-26-2014, 03:38 AM
I am very sorry for your loss, it is always so hard when someone loved passes on.

xx Sweet dreams little one xx

fluffydd
03-26-2014, 03:07 PM
I'm sorry that you had to say goodbye to Biscuit. It's never an easy decision to make xx

souffle
03-27-2014, 05:35 AM
I'm so sorry sparklyfluff. I know how you feel too being in the same situation.
He was an amazing age and you let him go at the right time before he was in pain. He will be playing free at the bridge now with all his siblings I'm sure.
Play well Biscuit xx

SinNyx
03-27-2014, 08:10 AM
So sorry for your loss, I can see how much you cared for him.
Never feel you made the wrong decision and you always know what is right for your pet and he would of appreciated it :) I am sure you have many happy memories to remember him by too!

Play well at the bridge Biscuit x

Hamsterz4Life
03-28-2014, 04:56 AM
*RIP Biscuit* So Sorry That You Have Lost Biscuit! He sounded lovely x

sparklyfluff
04-06-2014, 11:54 AM
Thank you everyone xx