PDA

View Full Version : Kelpie - mischief maker

souffle
03-22-2014, 08:53 AM
Things have been very hard for me lately and coming to terms with the loss of the last Syrian hamster at Custard has left me drained and melancholy.
Kelpie was the most beautiful hamster I ever saw. I saw her in a local pet shop and I was drawn to keep returning there because I was captured by her. One day I went in and she had been moved to a tiny cage on top of the tanks of new baby hamsters. I don't know why nobody chose her because she was simply gorgeous. I brought the family down and we took her home. A chocolate tortoisehell and white she was the naughtiest torty you could imagine! She swung from the roof, she squawked for attention, she chewed her cage and the bottle but oh how I loved my spotty hamster. I still can't believe she has gone really. She was likely between 18 - 24 months so a reasonable age but there didn't seem to anything wrong. She kind of faded away like a rose in a vase. The vet thought she may have a kidney tumour. My lovely, beautiful, funny, cheeky, spotty Kelpie I will never forget you. We chose each other and you were a heartham. Those ones take part of you with them but Kelpie you are welcome to part of my heart.
Play well at the bridge and wait with Primrose. I know you will be first to run up my arm when I get there though ;)
I think it will take some time to allow a new Syrian here at Custard. There are some challenging times ahead for us will family illness and hearthams leave bigger spaces which need careful filling.
Love you Kelpie - you have sent about 5 rainbows already! I know you worryx
Souffle (Pophammy and BigD too)
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y113/Pophammy/2012%20pics/kel6.jpg

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y113/Pophammy/2012%20pics/kel1.jpg

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y113/Pophammy/2012%20pics/kel3.jpg

Char
03-22-2014, 09:05 AM
Sorry for you loss, she was such a beautiful girl. I'm surprised no one had her before. But glad she had a lovely life with you

DrKMcK
03-22-2014, 09:05 AM
Ah Souffle, I am so sorry. Your pain is just so plain to see in this posting. Kelpie was just a stunning hamster. Her coloring was striking. I also can't understand how she was not snapped up as a baby. It just caught my heart when you wrote that Kelpie is welcome to a part of your heart. It hurts, plain and simple. {hugs} :( Kelpie, play well at the Bridge and send hammy love to your mama :(

BrainGirl
03-22-2014, 09:15 AM
She is a gorgeous ham and her personality just shines through in both her pictures and your words. You were so lucky to have had each other! My condolences on your loss x

Erin.R
03-22-2014, 09:15 AM
What a gorgeous, one of a kind hamster. I am so sorry for your loss.

Colby and the Dwarfs
03-22-2014, 09:17 AM
At first I didn't see whet section this was in...then I saw it and my heart stopped.

I'm so, so, so sorry. What a lovely ham.

xxx Play well at the bridge, little one, you are loved more than you know xxx

The Hamster's family
03-22-2014, 09:23 AM
I am soo sorry Soufflé... I wish I could send you real hugs in this difficult times... I sincerely hope you will find the strengh needed to go through this sad moment in the memories of the loved you shared togeter... The rainbows she sent you are a proof she wants you to remember she is still there for you, just in another way... Keep love in your heart; that's how she has known you... Sweet and warm hugs to you...

Run free, precious little one... Keep shining and taking care of mommy...

Annie xx

Scoobysue
03-22-2014, 09:24 AM
Souffle, I am so sorry for your loss. Kelpie was a stunning looking girl, clearly with a character to match. My thoughts are with you x

icklemunch
03-22-2014, 09:32 AM
I am so very sorry.

Kelpie was such a stunning ham and a right character too. She will be missed.

Sleep tight x

Bec
03-22-2014, 09:39 AM
So very sorry for your loss. Its clear Kelpie was very special and one of a kind! Play well little one. Hope you are okay x

Mrs Livingston
03-22-2014, 09:47 AM
Oh gosh, I'm so sorry. Kelpie sounded a very special lady who clearly loved you greatly after you gave her such a wonderful home.

Big hugs to you during this difficult time.
Play well, little one.

H x

suga
03-22-2014, 10:26 AM
My dearest soufflé. I am so sad to read that Kelpie has passed. I remember when you introduced her and how she was a gift from a heart to you and that she occupied a special place within your own heart space. She had such a beautiful colour and a gorgeous wee face that said mischief every time you looked at her. She has sent those rainbows to tell you she is okay and that she is looking out for you from above. Sleep well pretty baby. Many hugs and love from me to you xxx

fluffydd
03-22-2014, 11:20 AM
I'm so sorry that Kelpie has left you. She was such a beautiful girl with tons of personality. I'm glad you chose each other. I wish she could have been with you for longer. *Hugs*

ANGELBABIES
03-22-2014, 12:25 PM
Dear Souffle - darling little Kelpie was meant for no but you, so she waited until it was only you and your family who would pick her up and bring her home. She is a beautiful girl, and remains so - it is just that her world now is a whisper away. Your heart aches now for the little love who is not near you any more. But one day you will smile again - with gladness in your heart that you were able to give this little fluff all the love and a wonderful life with you. Run free baby girl xxx

sparklyfluff
03-24-2014, 03:45 PM
I'm sorry to hear of your loss Souffle, can understand how you feel having just lost our last syrian too and somehow it feels so much harder this time and emptier having no more around :(

Vectis Hamstery
03-24-2014, 03:51 PM
Oh no. Not Kelpie :( I'll miss all those beautiful photos where her cheeky personality shone through.

Run free, gorgeous girly xxx

kyrilliondaemon
03-24-2014, 03:56 PM
Oh no! :( I'm really sorry for the loss Souffle, I loved hearing about Kelpie and it was always clear she was both beautiful and a real character.

Play well at the bridge Kelpie

souffle
03-25-2014, 01:01 AM
Thank you everyone for your kind words. It helps to know how much liked she was. We miss her cheeky face a lot. :(

JBH316
03-25-2014, 05:15 AM
I'm so sorry - what a stunning girl she was :(

Sleep tight Kelpie x

Munchalot
03-25-2014, 05:27 AM
Oh no, souffle I'm so sorry. :( Kelpie was such a stunning little hammie girl, and definitely one of my favourites here at HC. That beautiful coat and cheeky little face just made me melt.
You and her were clearly meant for eachother, and she truly was a little heartham that will never be forgotten.

Play well little girly, and keep sending those rainbows. xxx

Hekomi
03-25-2014, 06:37 AM
She is such an adorable girl. I'm sorry for your loss. :(

evel_lin
03-25-2014, 09:53 AM
so sorry to hear you've lost her :(

racinghamster
03-28-2014, 02:43 AM
Kelpie was a special hamster and I can understand your feelings right now soufflé. You can have the peace of mind that her life was made 1000 times better because you went back to the pet shop to get her. So have no doubts that she would have appreciated your love. x

Pompompoms
03-29-2014, 07:18 AM
Oh Souffle this moved me so much. Kelpie was just a beautiful girl, and she sounds like the most adorable bundle of cheekiness. Heart hams are such a gift to have, and so hard to lose. Play well little lady, keep sending those rainbows xx

j.j.
03-29-2014, 06:43 PM
I'm sorry for your loss Souffle of your beautiful girl. My heart goes out to you as I miss my JJ. I know that they are playing together happy and free with an unlimited supply of their favorite treats!!