PDA

View Full Version : Savic/Home n Play Deluxe - two cages connected review

TaysMomma
03-21-2014, 02:42 PM
I have recently managed to create a massive playpen for my Syrian hamster, Tay, by connecting a Savic Cambridge to a Home n Play deluxe cage which gives her lots of extra levels, I have put two extra hammocks in - which aren't in the photos - and she has space for her sand bath, wheel, tubes, and a couple of houses and several toys! Pics to follow...

TaysMomma
03-21-2014, 02:45 PM
Please ignore the mess, it was cage cleaning day as well as me creating this monstrosity! :mad:

RhiannonJ
04-17-2014, 11:06 AM
Hey that's cool! How did you manage to connect them? I have loads of hamster cages lying around but I have no clue how to make them attach safely - they have no modular connectors.

MyHamsterCaramel
04-20-2014, 09:01 AM
Hey that's cool! How did you manage to connect them? I have loads of hamster cages lying around but I have no clue how to make them attach safely - they have no modular connectors.

The same here. I have another cage but I have no idea how to connect them! D:

TaysMomma
04-20-2014, 09:22 AM
Sorry! Just seen these messages! I connected by removing one of the doors using wire cutters, then used the door on the other cage as a sort of ladder from one cage to the other. Then used cable ties to keep the cages securely together without any gaps :) Upgrading her to a Ferplast Jenny this week though, so will post pics of that when done! :D xx

RhiannonJ
04-21-2014, 08:25 AM
Sounds cool! Looking forward to seeing it :D

TaysMomma
05-02-2014, 12:38 PM
She loves her new cage and so do I! :D